1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Raise Cylinder won't drop.....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 4MarkNY, Dec 10, 2009.

1. 4MarkNY

4MarkNY Junior Member
    from est

I haven't hooked up plow yet this season, and when I took it off last spring it didn't want to slack up to allow me to unhook the chain ( '92 Chevy and similar age speedcast) The fluid level is good, and the ram raised fine, but won't drop, at least with my 200 pounds hanging on it. How do I attack this tomorrow, in the light of day, and hopefully better conditions than the 20 degrees and 40 mph winds. This is new to me last year, but worked well all last season ( just a driveway/neighborhood vehicle ) I'm not a hydraulic mechanic, but any advise anyone can give me would be highly appreciated. Step me through a troubleshooting procedure if you can. ( BTW, I tried hooking up a come-along from the chain hook down onto the frame, but I couldn't get it to budge)

Thanks

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

1) Unhook the 2 hydraulic lines. Set the control stik to the down position.
    2) On truck side- provide some relief by pushing on the quick-connect allowing some fluid to bleed out. Let it bleed for say........8-10 seconds. Then try moving the lift cylinder. You should be able to do it with your own weight once you get some relief in the lines.
    3) Hookup plow and all lines. Move up, dopwn, left right to repressurize the system.
    4) Lower lift cylinder all the way, shut truck off and top off fluid.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  3. 4MarkNY

4MarkNY Junior Member
    from est

Thanks, that worked fine. I should have thought of that myself, but it was so cold and windy out there, it was just so much easier to come inside, and look in here, and wait for daylight.