1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Plowmeister gets new Jeep

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by theplowmeister, Nov 2, 2014.

1. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Hi All

New (to me) jeep 2001 AND new plow 7 1/2 V

Now I just have to make plow mount, make weight bumper, add twinkie, backup lights, 240A alternator, Air shocks, cell phone mount, Fix frame, new wipers, eventually fix AC, and other stuff
  2. bschurr

bschurr Member

Congrats on the new acquisition.
    In addition to al the typical PlowMeister mods, I see new tires in your future as well...
  3. novawagonmaster

novawagonmaster Senior Member

Very cool. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you in the next few weeks. :)
  4. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Good luck with it.Looking forward to seeing pictures when your done.
  5. Jeep_thing

Jeep_thing Member

Sweet! pumpkin: pumpkin: pumpkin:
  6. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Nice! Soon you'll have a huge fleet of them haha
  7. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

PM, very nice! Have an 00 Frame getting repaired as we speak. Curious, why the large alt. if using (hopefully) led lighting these days? Do you run other current hogs? Good luck with it! Between the -AO n increasing +NPA in weather, should be an awesome winter!
  8. theplowmeister

from MA

Heater fan, head lights, extra backup lights, radio, wipers, rear window defroster, Rotating beacon NOT LEDS, O ya a plow that sucks about 200 amps. To start Im going to try using 1 battery.
  9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Best of luck with it!!
  10. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Ok was just wondering cauz I have optima deep cycle batt with all those things running ( led no rotator) n never a problem with stock alt. Those big alts are crazy $$
  11. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Nice Jeep! It's really sweet to have multiple of the same vehicle, especially for swapping parts for diagnosis (sensors).

IMO the big alts are optional. My plow Jeep(s) has always had a factory amperage alternator and a regular (preimum) lead-acid battery. Factory alt. lasted 195K miles on my XJ, replaced with a rockauto $40 "closeout" unit, works fine.

Don't lift the plow up ALL THE WAY every time you back up to make another push... just tap the "up" switch to lift he plow a couple inches and back up.

Keep in mind, I only plow a handful of driveways. If in TPM's position (many driveways), may as well go over-board with prep.
  12. theplowmeister

from MA

When it snows we plow 6..8... 12 hours street and not one house and drive 2 miles to the next house. Its one house go next door do the next go next door... for an entire neighborhood. then drive to the next neighborhood 1/2 mile away. Without BIG alts you WILL run down the battery(s)
  13. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

theplowmeister,do you have a brand/model alternator that you like?
  14. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Is it the typical frame rot. I was asked to fix a jeep frame and did not want to get all rusty crap on me and passed on the job.
  15. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

Not sure what alternator he runs but I run a mechman alternator on my 98 xj and haven't had any issues with it and I abuse it with my subs and amps
  16. theplowmeister

from MA

The Alt I use is from a dodge grand caravan 160 Amp plugs right in.
  17. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

Got any pics of the plow mounts you make ??? More details of the alt ??? year and motor please :drinkup:
  18. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Another Boss plow on this one?
  19. theplowmeister

from MA

I guess the BIG YELLOW box inside the trailer behind the jeep is not enough of a clue.
  20. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

So a fisher?? Just messing with ya. Can't wait
    To see it all done. With the Meyers Plow