1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The plow is out!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mcwlandscaping, Nov 22, 2008.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Not really much else to say =] Can't wait to plow but really need two more weeks to finish cleanups. I'm all ready to plow though!

Few pics are of my leaf cleanup equipment...yea it's a snowplowing site, but, we all love cool equipment!
    Last pic is of my trailers in the little driveway I built at the end of this summer!

Any questions, feel free to ask =]

Fall Cleanup Equipment Pics 004.JPG

Fall Cleanup Equipment Pics 005.JPG

Fall Cleanup Equipment Pics 006.JPG

Fall Cleanup Equipment Pics 007.JPG

2. mcwlandscaping

Leaf cleanup stuff =]

Last year we were using my 16 foot landscape trailer with 4 foot high sides on it for leaves...basically we had to tarp everything in by hand and then unload it by hand (took about an hour to unload)! This year things are A LOT more efficient =]

Fall Cleanup Equipment Pics 002.JPG

Fall Cleanup Equipment Pics 001.JPG

Fall Cleanup Equipment Pics 003.JPG

Fall Cleanup Equipment Pics 008.JPG

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice setup there MCW.

How do you like those new lights over the old plow lights?

4. mcwlandscaping

They can be a little bit harder to see around but you get used to them fast but the light output improvement is WELL worth the investment IMO =]

Thanks for the compliments!!!

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

One of the lights on my unimount is somewhat broke so I'm trying to decide if they are worth the $210 from CPW.

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Mike why are you copying me? Ive got the same leaf loader (16hp B&S) and the exact same Downeaster open trailer. is yours a 14 or 16?

7. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice as always. I'm assuming the loader is bolted to the bed or at least strapped? Anyways I bet the loader makes fall alot more enjoyable! Btw, what are you running for mowers now besides that exmark?

8. mcwlandscaping

Close! Mine is the 18hp B&S v-twin =] and my trailer is the 16 footer...i was going to get the 14 footer but when i went to pick it up i found out that the 16 footer was only 200 more...that was kind of a no brainer upgrade =] How do you like your leaf loader? And what trailer do you have? I think downeaster did a really good job on this trailer!!

Yes the loader is bolted down, with nylon wing nuts so i can take it off relatively easily =] And yes it makes life SO much easier!! As far as mowers, i'm still running the eXmark as the main mower with a lesco walk behind as well. Next year i'll be picking up a stander or ZTR...not sure what i would like to get yet, i really like the idea of the big bagging capacity on the ZTR though! Something to think about this winter!

Thanks for the compliments guys! I really appreciate it!

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet looking truck and plow

10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Really nice setup Mike.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good Mike..

Seems the truck is holding the plow weight without any trouble now. ;)

12. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Sure Mike, out-do me. ive got the B&S 16hp Vtwin. and it works great. takes a little while to warm up and run steady on these cold days lol. my downeaster is 14ft, its got the same 7000 GVWR as the 16ft. i dont need the extra 2 feet (yet). i can fit the loader with a harley rake on it no problem. the only difference is mine doesnt have the tube rail, i never liked them much, you cant put a hook around it like you can on angle iron.

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Stuff looks great! :waving::drinkup:

14. mcwlandscaping

I agree with you on the angle iron rails for securing things....however, i love how with the tube rail on mine downeaster built in a gate lift assist by putting a garage door spring in each tube connected to the gate, i can lift it with one finger! The gate on this is extremely heavy duty as well, which i'm sure you noticed! I'm very happy with this trailer!!

I hear ya on letting the big leaf loader motors warm up on these cold days! Will make the motor last longer though, so it's definitely worth it!

B&B...it sits better because of your help!! Thanks a bunch as always!!! =]

And thank you to all for the continued comments!! I'm working hard to continue growing my business!

15. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

mikey!!!
    looking good.... that driveway looks familiar?

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks like that plow got some good use last year!

17. mcwlandscaping

I want to plow so badly, chance snow is showing up in the forecasts but i need two more weeks to finish cleanups!!! This week is warmer so i'll be able to get a lot more done but still!! Got a lot to do in a very short period of time!

18. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Lookin good Mike. Looks like the plow really got a workout last year....The new dump trailer looks real good. Well i'm in the same boat as you, it's 6:30 out to door to start a long day of cleanups.

19. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

hey now those blocks by the the trailer look nice lol... good looking set up buddy, i still think you should get a stander for next year... i cant wait to try the new dump it will be so much easier then those damn tarps