1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

the old E-60 finally bit the dust.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tjctransport, Feb 8, 2013.

1. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

like the title says, the old E-60 finally bit the dust.

it came in a lot of 6 pumps i picked up for $200 4 years ago after the E-47 was broke off in a hit and run.

it has had some issues that i put up with since i put it on, but fresh oil at the beginning of he season and it was useable..

the pressure relief valve was bad, so if you loaded the blade too much, it would reverse angle.
    it also would automatically drop the blade for around the first 15 lifts of the plow session. after 15 or 20 lifts and drops, it would work fine for the rest of the plow session.

today i changed oil, and hooked up the plow.cycled up down a few times, and it slowly started holding the plow up.
    i went for fuel, and while at the pumps the plow dropped like a rock.
    that was it. no lift at all, so i had to drive the 1/2 mile home plow down.

once home i put the other E-60 on that is freshly built.

looks like i will be rebuilding another pump this year.

2. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Last month I rebuilt my cousins E-60... Turned it into an H because it was on an ez classic.. And we switched his mount to the new plus mount.... Anyways, it was a 1993 model e-60... Original coils, and still had the old single lug motor on her !!! 20 years of trouble free service.... And hope to get another 20 from her... ussmileyflag

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

all of my E-47's are original everything except for oil, and the newest one is 26 years old.
    the E-60 that i just took off is age unknown, but it has a rebuild sticker on it for a company that went out of business 23 years ago, so it was rebuilt at least 23 years ago.

4. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Love my E 60 easy to work on, very reliable. Glad to see a lot of us still running them!!