1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Ol snow shovel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by McVey Landscaping, Feb 2, 2008.

1. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping Member

I have a couple of areas(wide sidewalks, approach to garage in apartment complex's) where I can clear the snow just as fast with a shovel than a snow blower. Looking for a wider snow pusher shovel about 3 to 4 wide. Anyone have any suggestions.

Cop by night, mower, landscaper, snowplower by day.

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I use the YoHO 36" snow shovel. Its the older version of the one in the link. Been using it for a few years now and does a excellent job.

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I saw something like that at the local Canadian Tire store... it was specifically made for clearing ice rinks, I believe they actually called it a Rink Shovel. It was at least three feet wide, and the handle was a U shape from one side right to the other.

5. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping Member

Thanks for the info, just what I've been looking for. Shovel looks durable. Ordered one today can't wait to use it. Again thanks.

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

mc Vey,

When you put your shovel together, turn the D ring hand grip so its vertical(opposite) of the way they show on the box, it will be much more comfortable. I do this with all my snow shovels make it lots easier. Just my .02

7. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping Member

Thanks for the info. Can't wait should be here by the end of this week. You getting alot of rain. I think your in the 6 to 10 inch range of snow, north of the Quad Cities correct up by interstate 88. We are in the 2 to 4, but it's something to push. Have a blast, its like white dollar bills falling from the sky.

Cop by Night, mower, landscaper, snowplower by day.

8. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Check this out

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6lf30Zpjnuo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6lf30Zpjnuo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

That D handle would be broke the second time I used it, the way my life goes. :D

I got the YoHo 48", works great on anything that's 2" or less. Only as a pusher though, gets real heavy real quick if you start lifting the snow.

10. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping Member

It does not look like the knuckle would hold up to wet snow, looks like it pushes fluffy snow with ease, would try one at a reasonable price, looks expensive. I just bought a couple shovels called The SnowPlow. Used them last heavy wet snow fall, they are built like a plastic 55 gallon drum, light weight but will take the abuse.

Cop by night, mower, landscaper, snowplower by day.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  11. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping Member

Just to let you know I received my shovels. These things are built like 55 gallon plastic drum, and takes the abuse. Worked well on the heavy, wet, white dollars that fell from the sky on the 6th. Thanks again.

Cop:gunsfiring: by night, mower, landscaper, snowplower by day.

12. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I have 3 of them. Real good shovels.
    What if it snows at night when you are a cop? [​IMG]

13. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping Member

Well I have this really nice brother, that likes $25 an hour. I just call him up or put him on stand by if I can not get off early. He opens most of my commercial that needs it done before 6A.