1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The 'ol rig!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Glenn Lawn Care, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

We have had 10 inches of snow already in the month of December. We have been very busy so far. Here are a couple pictures of my rig. Got it lettered and the rims done back in October.

glc.jpg

glc2.jpg

2. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Can't miss that one. Nice work!

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Where do you get the "snow filled looking rims" from....

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

little off topic but what did you push that lot clean with ?..it scraped good !!!!

5. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Good color. Former DPW truck?

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Its a former city truck. Its an 8ft western unmount with a back drag. About 600' of back dragging just in that back lot alone.

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice truck ! Looks like you missed the heavy wet stuff we got a few weeks ago ?

8. Glenn Lawn Care

Wet and heavy, just the way I like em!

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Lot cleaned up nicely.

10. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the color to stand out from the rest. So you had to back drag most of the lot? It looks real clean!

11. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

I'm diggin' the yellow!

12. Glenn Lawn Care

Thanks! . It has to be backed dragged all the way down the building. Semis parked in front of loading docks and they are always there otherwise I would just push it all south.

13. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Holy smokes...I thought you may have had loaders there..i never imagined a truck pushed that.....good for you

14. Glenn Lawn Care

A truck is more than capable to plow this lot.

15. wislxer

wislxer Member

Yeah, you might not have planned for em and may have hoped for something different but at 2am most of em end up being wet and heavy.

But wet and heavy can still be fun to push!

Now about that snow......

How much of that lot is backdragged? I'm with the others when I say damn that's surprising and damn that's clean. Good work!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  16. Glenn Lawn Care

Here are a few more of my salter.

glc.jpg

glc4.jpg

17. Glenn Lawn Care

It's close to 600' total along the side of the building where the semis park, that has to be back dragged when the are parked. Most of the time they are scattered all over and can be a pain when they come and go all night. I plowed it yesterday and for the first time I didn't have to back drag the entire back lot.

18. BedRoc Dev

BedRoc Dev Junior Member

Nice looking rig. Good luck this year.

19. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

lot looks great! but i would hate doing that with a little 8footer. get yourself some wings!! they will pay for themselves in a storm or two

20. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, wow. Thats a good job for sure, agreed with the previous post of wings though. I put a set of wings on my 9' unimount before this season. Because I had gotten a huge lot, and the wings are a life saver. Still took two trucks two hours, but I can imagine it woulda taken alot longer without the wings. They were great, because they make the plow hold the snow a little better on a straight push