1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The noob who went all in!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by heavyDully, Dec 1, 2014.

1. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Hello, all!!!! First would like to thank the vets and those alike who have given countless hrs and thread after thread of info.

Just ETS out of the United States Military, 11B Infantry. Took all my scraps from uncle Sam and decided to try my hand @ being my own boss:salute:

2008 Chevy 3500HD DULLY 4x4
    new order BOSS 9'2" Poly V XT
    TGS06000 TAILGATE Spreader
    strobs, and a few led lights for kicks.
    want to invest in a stage 2 blower but currently out of budget, thanks to GL insurance smh
    Will post pics on 27th of Dec 2014 , that's the finish installation date.:p

Com truck/GL 1mill 2mill agg. Full coverage on truck, equipment ect.
    Decided to go LLC. I HAVE UMBRELLA also but haven't done a detailed review on what it all details, I just know from ben/insurance and other threads having to much coverage can't hurt.

I currently work for a major Chemical giant in Indiana. A Martha Stewart type of situation if you will. He does residential and commercial lawncare and snow removal, well he is dropping all residential accounts on his snow side, any employee that is able to run his own rig independently and gain own insurance can accuire accounts. I already serve most clients as is with currently 350+ on my route. So with the permission of my wife and guidence from the man upstairs I went all in and spent most my pay on gear stated above.

The owner of my company is letting me train on his rig F250HD 4x4 8' boss straight . Only had 1 event this season , nothing stuck .5/1.5 @ best. Mostly salted, shoveled, felt like a private again. I think that's sums it up... I have 2 commercial sites ( pics to follow sorry guys) liquor store/ Korean market... they have agreed to let me practice on their lots at a discounted price 65.00x2 no salt 2" trigger. But haven't sign contract because I don't want to commit until 27th when the goodies get installed.

Well I'm heavyDully, very happy to safely learn the in's out' of the biz. I want to start strong but grow slowly in time.
  2. PlowingPreacher

PlowingPreacher Junior Member

Welcome and good luck this year
  3. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Thanks and you as well!!!