1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

the nicest truck on plow site

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mc1, Dec 15, 2007.

1. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

here are pics of my baby i found a winter use for my pro locker to secure my push spreader on flat bed check it out

amp 008.jpg

amp 010.jpg

amp 011.jpg

amp 013.jpg

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck looks great.

Can you tell me who makes the rear wheel fenders? Thanks.

3. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Sweet Truck! Don't they make the Smith Spreader out near you some where? How do you like it?

4. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

That's just not fair!!!

Looks kinda tall, but I guess that's because you don't have sides on the bed.

A Very Nice setup... I like it.

Would you be able to "pull" the spreader / bed up if it was full of salt?

5. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

answers

the fenders are part of the hook lift made by stellar industries first year with the spreader so far i like it not nearly the problems without the gas motor (all electric)

also i have not attempted to drop spreader with full load when heaped up it would make big mess but if i dont need it or it craps out then i can just ditch it visibilty on a cab and chasis is insane also for rerence the flatbed sits about 5 feet off the ground so it is pretty tall but with a 19K pound GVW who cares

6. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

what kind of push spreader is that?

7. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

the hook is capable of lifting 12k pounds so i dont think itwould matter ive had 9500 pound containers on top with no problems

8. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

lesco cheapie works ok but not heavy enough to work well in reall slusshie stuff but then again its a pain to lift it up onto the flatbed

9. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

That's pretty cool. So, if you had a small loader that wouldn't quite reach high enough, you could just "lower" the bed! And the spreader has a "moveable" chute? That's cool, too.

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Very cool. But the nicest truck on plowsite? That is up for debate! lol

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

That truck is absolutly beautiful!!!! Definatly in the running for the nicest truck on plowsite!!!:nod:

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That is a sweet rig. It gets my vote. We use to have 2 of those set ups on the work trucks it was sweet how you can change beds when ever you need to.

13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice truck!

14. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

sweet

thats the way to do it!! nice truck!!

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

That is one nice truck! What made you go with the F-550 over the GMC/Chevy 5500? I personally like the F-550's but for a hooklift I would think you'd want a truck with a higher GVW & bigger frame.

16. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

sick azz truck:drinkup:

17. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

fuel mileage?

god i love those new fords!! i wanted one and almost bought one but everyboby i know that has one complained about the fuel mileage. what are you gettin??

18. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

I have a 08 F450 CC with 4.88's and get around 11-13 empty driving like my grandmother and about 6-7 with 5th wheel trailer weighing around 25k

19. Fordtruckman88

Fordtruckman88 Member

thats sweet i got an f750 hook that we pull are sander up on ill post pics soon

20. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Extremely nice equipment. Did the plow come off a previos truck?