1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The next plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by killed300ex, Jan 8, 2007.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Here is the new truck I picked up this weekend its a 52 dodge m37 66000miles on it. Goign to try to restore it a little bit this winter take care of the rust, going to swap in the engine and trans from my other truck that was totaled, and am goign to put on a plow. I already have found an old fisher mount and setup everything minus the blade, have a set of 38 michelin xl on order for it. Should be a fun toy/ plow rig when shes done.

2. killed300ex

some more pictures

3. bryanj23

bryanj23 Senior Member

Looks like it's in really good shape! Sure you want to beat her up with a plow?
  4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

That is a sweet lookin truck. I want one :cry: For some reason i dont think a plow with beat that truck up much, thats build way back when a TRUCK was a TRUCK, couldnt beat that thing with a stick if you tried!!:gunsfiring: nice find and good luck with it.
  5. killed300ex

Definitly ready to plow with it. Id rather put the wear on this truck than my ram as its also my daily driver. I was just sick of taking my ram offroad to get wood ect out so I bought this as a work truck. I think It will be awsome to have and use one thing I wont own is something that I am afraid to use and get dirty.
  6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

So many fire departments nationwide use these as brush/forestry trucks because of how rugged they are for off-road use. Relatively narrow, extremely high clearance, and like it was said here.... when trucks were trucks!

Take care, and good luck!

PS: Where in NH?
  7. killed300ex

thanks for the comments will get more pictures as I get the plow setup on.
    I am located in Rochester NH
  8. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

That is so AWESOME!
    How about some more detail photos of it?

My Grandfather used to have one, but he had a dump box on it.
    and yes all of us grand kids, were dumped out of it.
    Back then stuff like that wasn't dangerous. lol

9. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Great Truck....

Now theres a truck I can relate to....Bet you couldnt order a leather interior in that one.lol I LIKE IT!!!!!
    A friend of mine had M715's(Military Jeep pickups) They where great,one had a LT1(350v8) in it and boy that thing was almost unstoppable.....I think he had Mud Country's 35"tall which bolted right on....
    Best of luck on your project,looks like allot of FUN!
  10. killed300ex

I will get some more detailed pictures of it when it stops raingin outside. Withough any sunlight it seems that all the pictures I take end up extremly dark. Hopefully it will clear up tommorow. The plans are 318 with a nv 4500 5 spd. I think it should go fairly well with that combo. Also I am going to take the dump mechanism off my totaled truck and try to get it to work on the new truck. I was hoping to get away form the split rims that are standard on these old trucks but with the lug pattern it is completly unpratical to get new custom rims (big $$)
  11. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

nice M37. im trying to buy gov't version(54) from my cousin. his has sat in the weeds for about 5 years. even still has the wince on his.
    if you need any info on yours go to www.powerwagonadvertiser.com there is tons of stuff for m 37's. i would stick to the skinny tires with that thing. you will like the traction alot better.
  12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

very cool!!! couple years ago i found an old chevy truck that i wanted to take the body off of and put it on a 3/4 ton frame and this kind of reminded me about that!!! can't wait to see it with the plow on there! Nice to see another NH member!
  13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Very nice. My fire department has one of those and the thing is a tank. You'll love it.
  14. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

That thing is definately going to need a winch and some nice big off road lights.
  15. killed300ex

thanks for the comments I was hopeing to find a m37 with a factory winch but couldnt find one for the right price. I do have an 8000 pound warn 8274 winch but I am not sure that will be up to the task of pulling the beast out. Not sure what i'll do for lights but I am sure I will have something.
  16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you do want to upgrade the wheel's to get away from the old split rim's (very good idea IMO) try these guy's...http://www.stocktonwheel.com/military_wheels.htm They'll make anything you need and they know their stuff and their prices are very good. I just had them built me a set of 16X10 8 lug steel wheel's for a project I'm working on.Only cost $115 apiece including powdercoat.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  17. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Well when you find your m37 if that is a different truck, I'll take that old thing off your hands!payup

That is sweet.. I want to see that in person. Take a ride down towards Nasha and I'll guarantee a bunch of us will come see you and that beauty!
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  18. killed300ex

next summer if I get it going I will deffinitly be up for a road trip. If you are ever down this way send me a pm if you want to see it. The offer is always out and if its going you can even take it for a drive :nod:
    Thanks for the link to stockton wheele I will deffinitly look into them.
  19. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I'll be there!!!
  20. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

Is it just me or does that truck just look right at home in those pics. farm, old red barn, and farm house . all you need to do is print it in black & white you could have a old dodge poster .