1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Next Few Weeks

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Snow Day, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Let me just gives a couple points on what could happen over the next few weeks

• One Arctic Outbreak to envelope the Central and Eastern United States Friday-next Tuesday
    • Possible New Arctic Outbreak and trough of Low Pressuyre forming in Western Canada and the Northwestern United States mid-late next week
    • Various models through a series of days develop quite a strong storm near the weekend of the 22nd of November
    • Winter has just begun!

By the way, how is everyone!
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

So what will the midwest get? Iowa in particular.
  3. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Iowa looks to not get as much snow as last year but still above normal snowfall, more clippers, and colder then average
  4. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

How about nj how are we looking this year?
  5. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

How about southern MD we seem to always be on the line of rain/snow
  6. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Depending on where the Coastal Lows set up..could be a pretty good winter!

Same story with NJ, but should be a better year for you guys in terms of Snow and Cold
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I hope the costals hold off for now, we get one now forget about it. Ocean temps in upper 50's and a screaming east wind:cry: Rain my friends! We need this cold pattern to cool ocean temps off!
  8. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

One thing for sure, you guys should expect this fora jetstream through the next week;

Trough Means Area of Low Pressure and where coldest weather expected. Ridge means area of High Pressure and Warmer Temperatures
  9. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

It may be adjusted though.
  10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, but pattern to progressive for anything big!:cry:
  11. storm king

storm king Member

What happened to the long range forcast ? It still says comming soon , thought it was comming around the 14th.
    So far accuweather is guessing a few days before you guys is that where you get your weather from too ?
    Henry nailed the last one in oct .about two weeks out, I think he was the only one calling it that early.
    Oh well, still waiting for the long range , good luck with the site , but you have to step it up a bit to compete ,I think
  12. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hows southern Ontario looking?
  13. guff1972

guff1972 Junior Member
    from kansas

What does central Kansas look like?
  14. storm king

storm king Member

Check Accuweather :)

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

I agree let it snow, Fisherboy how does your s175 do in the snow I have an s185 that I thought we would use last year but we did not got enough snow, do you use a blade or pusher.

17. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

North Carolina

I'd be interested in your thoughts for Raleigh North Carolina??? Thanks in Advance
  18. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

what about ohio??