1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The next Few Weeks to be a doozy!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Snow Day, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Various computer models continue to advertise a parade of Storms. The first storm looks to be later this week, but the latest GFS model has it quite weak with the only snow falling in the Eastern Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin, and even that is not very much. However, this is a strong system and could prove to be a bad one.

The next storm looks to be between the 11th and the 20th of November, the latest GFS model has been developing a MAJOR storm system along with copious amounts of cold air to produce Snow in the Northern Plains, the question, where and how much cold air? Still a long ways out but my forecast, at snow-day.org Forecasted that a MAJOR storm system to hit the Central Plains on the same date!

Remember THINK SNOW!ussmileyflag
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Positive thinking, saw on accuweather.com they are calling for snow at the end of the 15 day forecast for N. IL.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Sent it toward the northeast i'm ready for winter now
  4. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

I will be sure too!
  5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

15 Day here is looking snowy toward the end too... that will most likely change long before then however!
  6. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

we need cold to start freezing things up........
  7. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

I need to have a break before the winter, or wont get half way through and i'll peter out.

8. eatonpaving

eatonpaving PlowSite.com Addict

just made my first snowball

snowing in westland mi....sticking too...
  9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

by the end of the week, get ready for the coldest air of the season!
  10. TheXpress2002

TheXpress2002 2000 Club Member
    from Canton

The only problem with all the models longer range is that they are trying to push the cold too far south. Take for instance the latest run of the GFS they have the 540 line back up into Canada and about 3 states further west for the storm this up coming weekend compared to 2 days ago. Right now the warmer air is winning out. If the cold air can hold out on any of these up coming storms and with the NAO going negative the whole east coast to Winsconsin could be for a crazy end to November.
  11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very nice post, the nao is showing signs of tanking! This time of year dont forget to look at surface temps, the 0 line on the surface maps. I know the euro is liking the idea of cold for the end of the month. If so the lakes will open up!
  12. storm king

storm king Member

By the time snowday posts it we can just look outside and see whats going on this winter.
    So far accuweather got you beat by a mile or two to say the least , very disappionted with snowday site , even the web cams don't work .
  13. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Woah there, im not perfect and my timing posting here may not be every single minute but i have a lot to do with the website.

However will post my forecast here more.
  14. storm king

storm king Member

I am pushing you, cause we are counting on snowday and wish you luck with the site , don't mean to be so hard on ya ...... but were still waiting for the long range you promised us , just been looking forward to it , and it's overdue.
    Man I need to chill out a little , we know your doing your best ... my apoloiges.
  15. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Thank you, but i would say accuwx is most likely the most un reliable weather source there is, next to the Weather Channel.
  16. storm king

storm king Member

The weather chnnel ?????? They are bar none the worst,Thats why we are counting on you guys at snow-day to get it right .
    With all the technology out there theese days is a day or two out too much to ask for....The dawg gone weather channel is just as bad now as it was in the 80's , and still looks the same too ...ya think they would have up graded the graphics a little by now at least .
    Sorry for snapping at you guys without giving you a chance , it wasn't right.
    We are just starving for some decent forecasts because are business really counts on them , and it's really agrivating when bad forecasts happen all the time when you plan you days and week on a forecast for a living.
    Yea it's tough one I guess , but like I said were counting on ya, good luck snow-day make us proud bud !
  17. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Ok, time permitting i will give long range outlooks in this forum jsut for you guys. in fact i started a Thanksgiving thread
  18. storm king

storm king Member

NICE !! , now if you start getting them right ,I want a pm so I can be your first paying customer.

Saw on the site your giving your hard work away for free ( thats a nice thing to do and we appreciate it )
    But take it from a cranky old buisness man..... you gotta get paid too .
    Do a good job for us and we will be happy to pay $$$
    You showed alot of class answering my snappy remarks professionally ,for what it's worth YOUR ALL-RIGHT IN MY BOOK SNOWDAY ! Storm King.
  19. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

I find that i have been quite accurate so far, but i can always improve, thats why i have the Snow Storm Archive and look back at my forecasting mistakes and try to do better. I will seriously not let you guys down. But you have got to understand most of the forecast will be on the website and not here. :)
  20. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

where your storm go that was suppose to hit the 11-20 of November in the northern plains