1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Newest Addition to the Fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ryan's Snow Rem, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

Bought the truck on Friday, Bought the plow on friday as well and spent all night putting everything together to start plowing Saturday Morning.

2005 F-350 Powerstroke and 8 1/2 foot Fisher Extreme-V

I got spoiled running it this past weekend-The Lariat Package on the Pick-up sure makes for a comfortable place for the long hours

Snow Removal Pics 036.jpg

Snow Removal Pics 038.jpg

Snow Removal Pics 037.jpg

Snow Removal Pics 039.jpg

2. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

Nice Ride. My next truck needs to have the lariat and extended cab!

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck. Can't go wrong with that set up!

4. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

Gotta love the heated leather! The climate controls and radio controls on the steering wheel arent bad either!!

5. branr1

branr1 Member

Really nice ride. I hope to buy a newer Super Duty for my company soon. What engine did you go with? How do you like the Fisher XTreme V?

6. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

Hey Thanks, It has the 6.0
    As Far as the plow goes, I wanted to get an XLS but my options were kind of limited on Friday afternoon. After running the Vee Plow all weekend-I honestly don't know if i woulf ever go back to a straight blade-the versatility is amazing. This last storm had quite a bit of wind associated with it so there were alot of roads completely drifted across, and the VEE was great for making the first pass.

Also, the Fish Stick Control is really handy as well.

7. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice. Not trying to start an argument but I think you should put some weight in the back of it. Or adjust the mount height of the blade. Looks like the cutting edge isn't making contact at the point.

8. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

Thanks for the advice! You cant tell in the picture, but the ground is really uneven there. I do appreciate the advice, but it is adjusted correctly.

9. firelwn82

Yeah I was thinking that after I posted and was to lazy to edit it.... :p Looks good though. When I can ever justify a new truck I want the crew cab short box combo. Just as long as the std. cab with a long box but more comfort room for me.... ussmileyflag

10. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

I was looking at a couple short box rigs-but then i got to looking at the long term picture and being that there is a spreader in the near future, i better go with a long box now.

11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Beautiful set up! So you just eat the coffee right out of the can? Or did that rig come with the optional coffee maker.:D

12. firelwn82

Check out this guys setup. He has a long box but I'm talking about the extension he has fabricated to handle the extra length. Pretty sweet..

Just scroll down its the first set of pictures you come to. Like the 3rd or 4th picture you some to.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=975546#post975546

13. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

LOL! The coffee can still has all the parts from the install. (blocker beam bolts, clips etc.)
    Just havent had a chance to take it out yet.

Thanks for the comment

14. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

Not a bad idea-but that sure is a long machine, not too fun in tight areas!!

15. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

He must be hard core.:D

16. firelwn82

Yeah that one is. But a crew cab with a short box would be smaller than that one for sure.

17. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

late to the party...

yeah the set came with 220 parts but I managed to put it together with only 150 of them:cool::laughing:

I was thinking the same thing!
    Ditto again!

anyway, nice setup, your sure to enjoy it!

18. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

A couple more pics

Snow Removal Pics 040.jpg

Snow Removal Pics 041.jpg

19. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

Very nice looking truck, I want something similar but CC shortbox, hopefully soon I will actually be able to afford one with a Boss V!! Good luck with the truck!

20. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

dude congrats on this season . things must be paying off great got yourself a new plow rig . what a beautiful truck great combo . IMO VEE is much better if have a mix of drives and commercial accounts . and also if have so "high drift " areas little easier to punch thru:drinkup: