1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The new weather channel sucks!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

They seemed to have changed the web site a few months ago and I hate it! There is another major storm in the works and all the weather channel is talking about is this past blast...still. Not that is not worth talking about but its over and if I were down there I would be more worried about the things to come. I love Accuweather!

2. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

I'm happy it wasn't just me! You need to go thru 3 pages just to get to the forecast in text, I hate it!

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Weather channel has always been worthless in my opinion. Local news for the win!

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

The Weather Channel, Accu-Weather, Weather Under-Ground they ALL SUCK!

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I agree... they're all useless.

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

The only good thing about any one of those listed above is accu-weather, because i can get their radar real clear on my phone, the rest are worthless. NOAA, and local news is all I use.

7. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

NOAA, Snowday, Accuweather and local news in that order

8. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I agree, especially since the weather channel changed their web site. All the pop ups and crap, the site is a joke:dizzy:

9. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

10. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

i agree that the weather channel suks so does weather bonk i go by the national weather service and accu weather you get a good idea of what your getting nws 4-8 then 5-9 total 9-17 accu weather 10-14 so basically the same xysport

11. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

It seems they dont even know what its doing WHEN its happening. Best to monitor multiple sources and anything with a radar do come to your own conclusion!

12. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

Accuweather IMO has gotten better since last year. They were forecasting storms last year when it didn't even snow. This year they seem to be pretty spot on (for my area at least) I usually listen to NOAA though...mostly because the gov controls that one... and the government controls our weather so it all works out. Remember to thank Obama for this snow storm!

13. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

ummm, Obama controls the weather now too?

14. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

The Weather Channel on the TV is getting worse by the day. They think that they are a news channel now are something. With the morning show, and also they have all these stupid F-ing shows on like Storm Stories. Its snowing, I want the local forecast, and instead they are talking about a tornado the hit Kansas in 1987. Can you beleive it, a tornado in Kansas.........WTF!!!!

15. cubicinches

I always say the same thing... The Weather Channel - everything but the weather.

Remember when MTV was a channel dedicated to music?? :confused:

16. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing after I had posted this, it will be the next MTV.

17. Michigansnowkin

Michigansnowkin Member

I cant seem to find anything that comparest to accuweather

18. cubicinches

Geez... that's too bad.