1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The new SnoWays...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Jul 4, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Bryan at SnoWay recently sent me some information on their new plows. These things sound great! I think the down-pressure models come standard with the Paw stand (which can hydraulicly adjust the height of the plow to line up with your truck), plus they're using new pumps which are faster. I'd really like to get one of these... do most plow places take trade-ins? I am extremely happy with last years model, so these new ones should be excellent. Maybe they'll cut me a break since they screwed up my installation in a few spots on the first one... hmmmmmmmmmm.

-Tim

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I just priced Sno-Way straight blades, going to have to stay with the old style, which are still available. I'm looking to add one plow and possibly replace one as well. If I do replace the oldest one in the fleet I'll keep the old one, cut the moldboard to 6 1/2 or 7' and make it taller and keep it as a spare and a beater for when things get really nasty and I have to bull through stuff.

I'm sticking with the old style for a couple reasons. The most prominent is that I want to be able to mix and match plows and trucks. In a worse case scenario I'd ahte to have one truck go down and lose a plow on another truck and not be able to swap plows around. The other thing is my reluctance to "test" new designs. From what I can tell the new setup sounds good, but I'll stay away from it until it has a year to be well proven.