1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The new sand rig!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Nov 4, 2006.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Got the sander set in the new truck. It looks alot smaller on the new truck then it did on the old truck. Used to have it on a 85 ford 1-ton, with a 4 speed in it, so this will acually make me want to do the sanding now.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

is that a stainless bed or a steel one freshly ground and awaiting paint?

very nice sander!! good luck this winter!!!!!!!!:salute:
  3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Shes a stainless steel beauty! ya the sander was new last winter. She still pretty shiny for all the sanding we did last winter. Just have to get her chained in there, and the controls mounted in the cab. I'll take some more pictures when its complete. Where also planning on putting a 4 corner strobe set up on it also.
  4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Ever consider resting the salter on some 2x4s? To make it easier to clean underneath as material builds up. Then again if your like us and have a way to lift it right out with little effort you may not need to sit it on 2x4s.

Anyone else put them on 2x4s, We thought about it but it seems like it would put alot of weight on 2-3 points of the box floor.
  5. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Is that a chevy 3500?
  6. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

we put em on 6x6's for the same reasons
  7. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Yes, its a 2006 chevy 3500, 4x4, 6.0 lit. w/ 9.2 boss v. I guess we never have put it on blocks, but that is a good idea.
  8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When you put it on blocks just line the blocks up with the cross members on the truck box. This will stop the bending of the floor of the box.
  9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well that a first. Mild steel V-box in a stainless bed. Usually its the other way around.
  10. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Nice setup. I like the stainless bed.
  11. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

We put our spreaders on heavy-duty industrial rubber flooring. It comes in 2'x2' squares and is like 3/4'' thick. Then strap the spreader down so it seats into the rubber. This way it never slides, doesnt hurt the bed. The rubber flooring actually adds traction too if you have guys that jump up into the bed for any reason, get hand spreaders, clean the salter.

You should put some extensions on that bad boy. Im sure you have a grate on the top of the spreader take it off, and weld on some steel sides like another foot taller. Then build the lips for your grate to sit back on. You can add alot of capacity to the spreader. and the truck will have no problem handeling it. Just a suggestion. Nice Rig!
  12. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice set up. That body mustve cost a pretty penny. Dont forget to strap down that Vbox lol!
    PS- lets see some pics of the truck / plow
  13. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Ya, Im gonna try to get some more pics on here when I get her done, but It got warm here agian, so Iv been in the the field the last couple of days agian. Tommrow morning the rig goes in to have the frame undercoated, so I'll try to snaps some pics of her tommrow morning.