1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The New Mirrors

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Apr 2, 2008.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Well I got them. There on. I love them. Just a little weird when driving it now because it feels like I have two big ears on each side lol. What you think bought them brand new aftermarkets. This friday I am gonna put my 05-07 grill on and my 05-07 headlights.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

They look great! I don't know why the manufacturer, Dodge included, puts those tiny mirrors on these trucks anyway.

3. OakhillsSnowdiv

OakhillsSnowdiv Member
    from mass

hey did you buy those online

4. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Was it easy to install them yourself? How difficult?

Looks good.

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Ya I got them off ebay. Got the driver side for $50 and the passenger side for $61 both BRAND NEW! And yes the mirrors are easy to install. The only thing is you have to pull the panel with all the switches on each side on the door panel to unplug the plug of the mirror. But they are nice. Any other questions.

6. Maine2WA

Maine2WA Junior Member

dude, nice truck...the F-250 doesn't come with those mirrors standard?

7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

if i may chime in, those mirrors are optional, even to this day on the 08's. Very nice truck though. Cant wait to see it with the grill swap.

8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

That truck will look sweet once you put the new grille and headlights on it!!

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

the only thing that sucked was having to cut down the grill lol. Made me sick to my stomach. Nice thing was the grill cost me $25 and shipping was only $20 :). But I got the one off a work truck and it was textured. So I had to primer it. wet sand it. Then I let it dry and wet sanded it once more. I am gonna paint it tonight or tomarrow. And have it put all together hopefully by friday night. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

10. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

HEY, you get new head lights sell me your lenses and corners .... k? and tlc snow div if you want thoes mirrors let me know.... i have a pretty good deal on them

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Sorry but I really didnt understand your post. you want my corner lens? And what about the mirrors?

12. HitchC&L

HitchC&L Member

Yea, I hate tiny mirrors, especially when Im backing up a trailer, its even worse at night, I cant see anything, you just have to hope for the best.

I remember when Id back my 12' tiny trailer with my cherokee with tiny mirrors, I couldnt see a damn thing, Id always be moving my head around trying to get a better angle

Now with my 8.1, I can see EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

When I was looking for a new truck, it had to have 3 things, the raised hood, the roof lights, and the big mirrors. I ended up buying one with just the mirrors, and now have aftermarket roof lights, and I dont really care much about the raised hood

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

well I pull my 30ft fifth wheel camper and a 12ft landscape trailer and a 24ft boat. I am constantly whipping my head around or I am adjusting the mirrors. With these mirrors just pull them out because they are telescoping and drive. Should be easier. In about a week I have to pull my aunts 28ft boat out of storage and I will find out then.

14. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

Mirrors look great, I have always loved the look of the towing mirrors on any kind of truck but being I'm a ford guy they look best on fords haha j/k. Can't wait to see it with the new grill and stuff.

15. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

the towing / camper mirrors are the best once have them you'll ask why was an such idiot for not having them sooner . truck looks good man

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Mirrors look great, I always like the look of the camper mirrors. Can't wait to see the pics of the grill swap!

17. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

they look so much better than the other style. Good job!!!!

18. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

mirrors look awesome...make that beast look real wide

19. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Much better when your driving..Looks good..

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I am glad all the chebby fans liek my truck :)