1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The new loader!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by lndscpe, Oct 2, 2011.

1. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

I added a new toy, a new 2011 Doosan DL250 loader, to work with my other loaders for plowing ...... the 1988 Case w14b and the 2010 Deere 244j. Looking forward to plowing with the Doosan this winter! All the loaders run Arctic Sectional plows. Heres a few pics. :D

DL250-loader-1.jpg

DL250-loader-2.jpg

DL250-loader-3.jpg

2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Thats a sweet looking rig, she'll move some snow

3. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

nice new toy. what do you have for it in the offseason?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Nice machine! Do they make their own engines or do they stick some other manufacturers motor in them?

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Very Sweet!!!

6. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Hey guys thanks for the posts! The engines are made by Doosan at least for now while they are still tier 3 engines, I've heard they might go with Isuzu's for tier 4 but not sure on this exactly, I just knew I didn't want to deal with tier 4 stuff if I didn't have to. In the off season we will use it around the shop and possibly local jobs around the area. I have 60" ACS forks that came with it too, so well see what I can do with it.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Great driveway machine,should make some doing with it.

8. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Good for you. I hope that the Doosan works out for you. Is it a 2.5 or 3 yd loader? I know this is silly but I always have loved the look of brand new industrial tread loader tires. Have you looked into snow treads? I don't have any experience with that brand (Doosan) so I request that you occasionally post updates on how it works for you. Is Doosan a Korean brand? I wonder what type of dealer is supporting it in your area (is it a small single-line or are they a larger multi-line). You may have just inspried me to start a thread for loader pictures. You must get a lot of snow to purchase such a new machine that will be almost exclusively used in S/R operations.
    Best of luck.

9. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking loader good luck with it

10. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Hey DGODGR, thanks for the post, the loader is 31,000lbs / 3.25 yard machine (John Deere 624 size equivalent). It is produced in South Korea. Doosan is a major manufacture over seas, with multiple lines of equipment, small to very large and are distributed here stateside rather commonly. My dealer, Ronson Equipment in NW indiana are great to deal with so far and are right in my back yard basically.
    Ahhhhh yes I must agree I really like the look of the L3 tread design, equally as good as the tread design is that they are all steel radials. Since these are brand new I felt no need to go to snow tire designs yet, well see how these do. My smaller John Deere 244J's radial tires I thought did really well this last winter. So heres hoping they do equally as well.
    Snow we get enough with the lake effect, but I always hope for more, Love plowing snow, is that just kinda weird or .........am I in good company here with that notion. :D

Thanks Morrissey for the post.

p.s. just for the record I am not at all affiliated with Doosan, just like the loader.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  11. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

why are you only putting a 14' sectional on it. Shouldnt it be able to handle an 18 or better?

12. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Maybe you could appy to be their new poster boy.:laughing: Lets see a photo of your loaders all lined up, pushers mounted, and ready to go.

Where did anyone say anything about pusher size? Has a post been deleted?

13. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

The reason for going only 14' is that I need to road the machine to a few different spots, and a few spots might be a little snug with the bigger sectional plow. But you are right we could run a larger sectional on this machine, I just tried to compromise between roadability and fitment into the varoius areas we plow.

14. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Hey DGODGR, ya know I'd think about being a poster boy for Doosan if they had money in it...:D, Interesting info on the tires I will def keep that in mind about the sketchyness of them....... one thing I don't have to deal with here are hills, pretty flat where I live, in fact mole hills are the largest hills we encounter. Well since you asked here is a pic from last year of our winter line up. The Sectional for the Doosan will be here in another couple weeks then when landscape season slows down then I will get the new winter line up pics. by the way excellent choice for a bike!

P1010054.jpg

P1010047.jpg

15. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Thanks (re the bike). It has been a great bike and has about 6,500 miles on it so far. I am currently looking for a '12 300 XC. I will keep the five-two-five but I am looking forward to getting back on a 2st again.

16. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

How did that loader compare in price to a comparable JD or Cat? I have nothing against your machine just curious. Also which tranny do they run?

www.procutfirewood.com

17. Maxamillion67

Maxamillion67 Member

Nice looking loader, The Doosan Group bought out Bobcat in 2007, I asume that they are the same company that makes the loader?

18. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

SNOWLORD the DOOSAN was less expensive (as I looked at costs from machinery trader and rock & dirt.com and other web sites compared to the CAT or DEERE of equal sized machines), but I must admit I did not pursue either of them thru dealerships as the closest dealer is about 50+ miles away from me. Ronson Equipment here in NW Indiana is a major player in the equipment arena right near me so that was a big plus to have close dealer support.
    The transmission is ZF as are the axles with limited slips on both front and rear axles. My unit has ride control, heat/AC, stereo, plus all the other goodies. The loader also came with the ACS (JRB class 50 Style 418) coupler, 3.25yd bucket with BOE and the ACS 60" forks. So far using it around the shop it feels really nice. :D

Maxamillion67 yes, this is the same company that bought out Bobcat, they make the loader, plus many other heavy equipment units.

19. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on the new toy.....How were you able to justify the cost for mostlty snow work? )i have no idea what your snow market is like). reason for asking is i'm torn between a loader but keep coming back to the fact that i could get about 2 to3 skids (used) for the same price and have a built in backup plan if one were to go down. Just wanting to hear how others make their determination,
    Thanks...good luck this winter !!
    Steve

20. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

What is BOE? I've seen and heard the term before but I can't seem to figure out what that stands for.