1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The new kingpin for my little operation

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by edgeair, Feb 9, 2014.

1. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Just picked up this beauty on Friday. Got her lettered up yesterday. Just need to do some restoration work on the plow edges and we should be in business.

I've never spent this much $$$ on a piece of equipment before, and I hope it pays off the way I plan, but this was a deal too good to pass up. 270 hours on the Deere, R model, almost all the bells and whistles (just no IVT). This baby should move some snow and it roads fast between sites. The 540E PTO is nice - only turning around 1400 rpm to get 540, and the ECO Autoquad transmission throttles back in road gear - 42kph @ 1700 rpm.

The Agrimaxx plow was used as well but I am looking forward to seeing what these wing plows can do for my operation. I am used to a 9' pusher, so this should be a treat.

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

3. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

Nice looking unit you got there!
    You are going to love that agrimaxx!
  4. Ccl

Ccl Junior Member
    from Mn

Very nice tractor should serve you well
  5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking money maker
  6. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to hopefully making some money with this unit. Just need to find some summer work for her now...
  7. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Curious how do you stack up snow? Or don't use and just blow out the pile?
  8. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

I don't have a lot of experience with this type of plow, but you can do anything a truck can do and better with a tractor set up. On my other tractor that has the loader/blower combo, I hardly ever stack it. Push it to the back and then blow it up into the pile. You can go higher and pack it denser while doing so.
  9. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on your new GREEN machine!
  10. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Congratulations! That's a beautiful set up!
  11. anz27

anz27 Member

Nice machine!!! I would hate to be the one paying to put fuel in that magnificent piece of technology payup
  12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

awesome setup! congrats...that thing will be fun to move snow with!
  13. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

True enough. I don't want to be the one putting fuel in any machine right now, especially with prices what they are and how much we have been running this year. Time will tell, but for a given amount of work a tractor is generally more efficient than a pickup.

I expect to see a higher average fuel burn on this unit than my other one as it's got more hp and a dpf, but my other tractor averages just under 7L/hr (1.8 US gph) and it moves a whole lot more snow than a truck and blade in that hour. Considering I can blow out around 20 driveways in an hour if doing residentials, thats pretty economical.

The new unit won't do many driveways, but that plow will move a pile of snow in an hour on commercial properties.

Yes, when its empty it will cost a small fortune to fill it up...
  14. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

That's a great looking setup! That MP plow should be awesome!

My Kubota was very good on the fuel, in fact better than a big skid steer, and it had way more horsepower than skid steers.

When I buy another tractor, it will get a Metal Pless.

Very true on the stacking wth the blower, it is way more dense, you can put it where ever you want, and it is just as fast. That is what blowers are MADE for.

15. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Nice looking setup
  16. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

That thing is a beast. Always seems tractor use in a Canadian thing but still looks like it would kick some ass. Do you have summer work to do with that as well?
  17. bmxdukie

bmxdukie Junior Member
    from Canada

That! Is nice! Congratulations!
  18. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

One awesome looking tractor. If you need a place to store it in the off season I know just the placeThumbs Up
  19. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Had a chance to check fuel burn on it last week. 18.5 hours and total burn was 119L (6.4L/hr = 1.7 US gal/hr). I'm pleased.

Granted, we were not working it too hard for that time, but did have quite a bit of road running and blowing back piles for a while in there.
  20. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

Pretty good economy. This glut drinks 25 gal/hr with a good load. :eek: Sorry had to wh0re out JD pics ;)