1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The New CAT...........

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ross3031, Dec 13, 2009.

1. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Sorry about the piss poor pics but its all i had at the time. Drove to Conneticut on tuesday and back on wednesday to buy this (ended up being an awesome trip as i was laying along I-80 5 feet off the road at 10pm to change a hub, tire, wheel on my trailer...............). CAT 277, 2,000hrs, good tracks, and just had a full service done by CAT. I have a 10ft ProTech box thats goin on it.

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Awesome. Looks like your truck held the load well
  3. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yea I agree looks awesome, nice CAT. Looks to be in good shape.
  4. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

It was more of a weekend warrior for the guy who had it and not much of an everyday machine. It is unbelievably clean. I thought i was getting a really good deal until i got there to see it in person and realize how GREAT of a deal i was getting...

My truck holds the load good because i have airbags on the rear. I've hauled a D5 before on a dual tandem gooseneck with the dozer right were it should be, between axles on trialer and truck, and the truck will sit level
  5. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

what year is it? that looks like the exact machine my uncle used to have lol is there any evidence of lettering on the arms or back engine door? his came from and went back to CT
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Back home to pioneer land in Elyria. I drive to boston a few times a year. Not to bad of a drive. What did you get her for.? Looks Clean and ready to work.
  7. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

how much you get it for if you dont mind?
  8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

good lookin cat, good luck with it :drinkup:
  9. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

16K. I've been looking at buying one for about 4 months now. It was about 4-5k less than anything comparable that i've seen. Only thing i've really seen in that price range around here would be a CAT 247 (which is underpowered to a comparable T190) or a T190 with a lot of hours and is in rough shape. Those are roughly 65hp machine and this is an 80hp. Wasnt goin for one this big at first but h*ll, when the price is right why not???
  10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice machine, that truck looks awesome too though!
  11. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet truck and skidsteer.

You have to update your sig now!
  12. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

What part of CT. did you go to i am in southern RI.
  13. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Thanks for the compliments fellas.

Guy i bought it from lived in Windsor CT
  14. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Great looking machine! Make sure you post pics of it pushing some snow. Good luck this season.
  15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Verry nice machine. Good luck with it this winter.