1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The new Boss mounted on my F350

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MOW ME OVER, Oct 20, 2004.

1. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Here is a couple pictures of my new Boss plow. Sorry about the glare in some of the pics.

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 147.jpg

2. MOW ME OVER

another from the other side

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 148.jpg

3. MOW ME OVER

One more pic for now. I was actually surprised when I measured the distance from the front fender with the plow up versus down. The front end only drops 1/2 inch but when I drove home with the plow on last month it felt like it dropped 2 inches. I still am going to get a set of Timbrens for the front end to get a more stable feeling in the front end when driving with it on.

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 152.jpg

4. MOW ME OVER

Here is a pic of the back up lights I installed yesterday. I tested them out last night and they seem to light up behind the truck nicely. Hopefully they will help out during plowing when backing up.

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 150.jpg

5. MOW ME OVER

Here are the lights in action.

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 151.jpg

6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Great pictures!! :waving: What size blade is that?? Looks like those lights will probably do the trick. Give us some specs on your truck. pumpkin: BOAST

7. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Nice looking rig... :waving:

I like those rear lights. Were they difficult to install? Where did you get them from?

8. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Nice looking Rig...

9. MOW ME OVER

Well its a 8'6 blade, the truck is a 02 F350 7.3 PSD and man do I love the diesel. I am running a Diablo Sport Predator Tuner in it rite now in the 60 hp mode.

The lights I got yesterday from the dealer that I bought the plow from. They were only $52 and change with tax. As far as mounting them it was no big deal, the worst part was that I had to go out and buy some 18 gauge wire to run along the frame rail. These lights were only designed to go on the front of the truck from the length of the wires in the kit but you gotta do what you gotta do some times. They really do seem to light things up at night when I have to back up to my shop that does not have the electric hooked up yet.

I am planning on getting a turbo back exhaust in the next couple of months and also a air cleaner kit which should help with the power a slight bit but also get another 1-2 mpg above what it gets now.

Have a great one and let it snoowwww!!!!

10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I don't know what I like better, the plow or the truck?!! Looks great! :drinkup:

11. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

your dual wheels stick out too much, as with, all pickups with dual wheels.. :nod:

12. MOW ME OVER

Thanks for the comments Boss.

I actually lucked out on the truck when I bought it. Its a 02 and had 60k miles when I bought it, Loaded XLT with auto tranny, dual media stereo, Both front power seats and lumbar. The only thing that it did not come with is leather.
    I picked it up at the dealership that I used to work at for $25,500.00 before the used car department had a chance to clean it up and do their check out on it. I had to put on two new front tires, change oil and filter. It still needs the passanger outside mirror glass to be replaced that is cracked and the tail gate will only latch on one side due to the inside of the tailgate being beaten to hell and bent outwards. So if you or anyones has a tailgate sitting around and want to sell it just let me know.

Thanks,
    Justin

13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Check ebay! I've been looking at duallies but I want a shortbox one with the diesel but their hard to come by. Once again, great looking setup!! :drinkup: