1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The most disgusting thing i've ever seen

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by glenspot, Feb 1, 2005.

1. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

This forecast:

Rest of Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Low 27 to 32. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
    Wednesday: Mostly cloudy. Mild. High around 35. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
    Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy. Low around 28. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
    Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Mild. High around 38. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
    Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy. Low around 27. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
    Friday: Mostly cloudy. Mild. High around 37.
    Friday Night: Mostly cloudy. Low around 24.
    Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Mild. High around 38.
    Saturday Night: A chance of light rain after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Low around 33. Chance of rain 30 percent.
    Sunday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of light rain. High around 34. Chance of rain 40 percent.
    Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy with a chance of light snow. Low around 15. Chance of snow 40 percent.
    Monday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Colder. High around 22. Chance of snow 30 percent.
    Monday Night and Tuesday: Partly cloudy. Low around 6 above. High around 22.

Where the hell is my snow? I've had the plow off for over a week now. I only had 10 billable events in all of January. So far February is no better.

SUPPOSEDLY, after a stretch of warm weather like this, we should get dumped on..... I hope so. A nice, steady 4" every day for the next 20 days would be good...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Current snow depth in Carver, MN 4 inches.

I have been out plowing 2 times this season.

Maybe I should have bought a sander this year.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

it went quiet in the east but they feb might be very snowy we shall see

4. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

At this time last year I had 9 plowable events and this year only 7 . Not so bad hopefully we'll make up for it in Feb. and March

5. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Current snow fall in Missouri.....4" :cry:

6. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Well they have rain with temp's 35-50 for the next 7 days in chicago :cry:

7. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

With all the seasonals we have up here, we love those non-snowing days...get paid for staying home.

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I blew my transmission an hour into the last big snow we had. All I made in Jan goes to the transmission shop and it's not going to snow for the next week or so!

9. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

lack of snow

I feel your pain man. Winter of 1993 her'e in massachusetts my first year in snow, brand new fisher 8' on my chevy 2500, i'm cool, i'm the man, i'm ready to plow the world.Guess what, no snow at all, 4 inches of unplowable slush and rain,rain rain, all winter long. I never used that plow until 1994.

10. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

Last year at this time we were getting dumped on. I was having to dig the driveway out almost every night, and if it snowed at night, Id have to give up on the propane truck getting in. This year we did have our usual January thaw, then some snow which I plowed for a week, but now its getting warmer and all going away again. Hopefully the warm air over the lakes brings more snow. This year Im actually looking forward to mucho snow since I got my little plow.

11. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Go to "Who Cares" post & vent your frustrations !!!!!! :nod:

12. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

I Agree with GLEN--Re--4 inch snow storms every Day for the Next 20 days would be NICE!--Well We can DREAM can*t We?-YEH! I*D like That!!--Ole JIM--

13. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

its sopossed to be in the 40's this week into next week. I sure hope we get dumped on later in the month and in march :) Sunday, monday and tuesday its sopossed to be 50!!!!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  14. MickiRig1

I guess it'a SAFE to drink some beers this weekend. And watch the Super Bowel.

15. yeah I agree that this warm weather sucks. We should be getting these temps in march, not the beginning of Feb. Close to 50* with no end in sight and rain forecast next week??? GRRRR

16. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

<i>"Super Bowel"</i>

Let me know how that work's out. I am going to watch the Super BOWL.

But hey whatever floats your boat.

17. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

I'm not complaining. It was WARM here today and will be for a few days. It gave me a chance to grease the fittings on the plow, tighten the squealing hydraulic pump belts, confirm my windshield washer pump is toast, and install a CUP HOLDER. (small things make me happy)

And tomorrow bigger backup lights and then the game.

18. MickiRig1

Make sure you roll under the truck on a creeper and look at it,Check all the fluids , look for leaks, grease all the shafts and U joints.
    It's a good time to make sure the truck is ready for the next storm.
    Wax it, it runs better when it's happy and waxed with clean windows and mirrors!