1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The machines are learning... John Deere (SkyNet edition) Tractor at Walmart

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by RobE, Apr 10, 2011.

1. RobE

RobE Junior Member
    from RI

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think Clintar's insurance premiums just went up. I'm assuming someone started driving it then bailed. Glad no one got hurt. That's only about 30 min from my house.

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Stefan's Stolen machine!

That was a crazy video, just freaking crazy. I am amazed at the way it bounced.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Crazy how the steering never really changed.

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Absolutly pathetic! You gotta be kidding not one of those tow truck drivers could have ran up beside it and poped it in neutral or turned the key off.... Nope, it just goes round and round and round...

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's incredible!

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

And what was up with the two 1 ton trucks that rolled up with Sneeker wheel lifts on them? Those are used for doing repossessions...

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They're a dime a dozen around here Roy.

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

The part I can't believe was the SL Mercedes in the lot:D

11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Really? Towing companies use them or you just have that many repo guys running around?

12. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Have you seen the width of the step on one of them? See if Adam will let you re create that video with one of his Deere's in the yard and see if you can jump on to the small lil steps and grab onto the handle.

Yes to both they are like flys on chit around here. Or wasps when you disturb there nests.

Someone must have played with the throttle I would have thought it would have stalled already.

13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

So your saying that your a pu$$y too........... Thanks, like I didn't already know LOL

14. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

Wow...
    That made me cringe. Lucky it didn't take down the light pole too.
    That hits close to home if you own one eh?

15. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

now children, if your not going to play nice you'll have to back to your own forum lol

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I most likely would have jumped up on the steps and tried the door. I'm kind of wondering if the person left the doors locked so people would have had more trouble stopping it. All you need to do is open the door then lock it again with the key and you can still get out but you can't get it. The throttles should all stick forward so that wouldn't be a problem making it go. It's easy to say what you'd do when your watching a video real life seems to be different.

17. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

How do you guys that have tractors on sites all over the place mitigate that type of risk, it's got to be tough when anybody can get a key to fit them, although this was likely a disgruntled employee who's Clintar dividends weren't as high s he was told they would be.:D

18. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

For sure JD Dave. That would be pretty intimidating if you have not been around ag tractors before like most people#1 and if you have been around them you know standing on the step and opening the door on a moving tractor that is going about 7 or 8 mph that is turning would definitely be a risk, then add in that it is bouncing off cars, a building and the center island, well that would at least make you hesitate. Those of us that have them know how easy in theory it would have been to stop it, but JD Dave, I think you would also agree, we probably know it could have been way worse and just how dangerous it could be if you slipped while jumping up on it. The only thing that would have stopped me from trying to stop it would have been common sense. Dave is right. You risk your life to jump on it, and find a locked door, you better have a nice dismount planned before it's next collision. Tough situation.

19. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Another happy Clintar customer lol

20. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd run and grab a loader and try and stop it with that.
    I for sure would not try and jump on it!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011