1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The lawnguy and the two daves

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Feb 13, 2003.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Well now that we located 75 I got to thinking about three members from last year that have disappeared. Thelawnguy and the two Daves. I did a search and saw no posts from any of them after last spring. I sent PMs to them and will follow with e-mails.

Understandably they may have other commitments I just wanted to see how they are doing. All three were excellent members who contributed in many ways.

If anyone has more information on them please post it here.

2. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I was wondering that as well. Lawnguy was posting all of the bid opportunities for the state in the fall, but then kind disappeared.

Hope all is well.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

After looking back I found that it was true that he was posting in the fall.

4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Hey what happened to 75/Rob? He and I used to email alot and we lost contact back when he got a virus and I tried to email him recently and never got one back.
    If you have his email address, please pass it on to me, maybe he switched.
    Thanks,
    Eric

5. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

The Lawnguy left the industry and is working for a local municipality in his market area. He'll still post from time to time.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

7. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

CT I think your referring to DaveK and Dave from Mass (near R.I. I think). As far as DaveK goes he designed my website last spring and the last I heard from him was June of last year. He basically up and disappeared and I haven't been able to get a hold of him since that time with repeated emails and visits to his website. So I certainly hope he's fine but I have a bad feeling about this situation though :confused: .

Dave from Mass I think posted a couple of times in the early fall but I'm not sure. Would like to hear from both of you guys :waving: .

8. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Thanks, Mick
    Eric

9. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

DaveO is not plowing this year. I got an e mail from him in the fall telling me that. I know he is still big into his racing bikes, and havea feeling that is taking up nuch of his time, as well as a new job. He did post what seems like not to long ago, I think asking for SLplow. Yup, here's the thread, from Jan 6th.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=64401#post64401

~Chuck

10. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Dave O is plowing this year, he was layed off from BOSE corp, but still does his race engines for performance cycles. He is finally plowing with the 01 Ram cummins powered rig. He hooked up as a sub plowing all the cable TV substations in a 60MI radius from his house. Takes him about 4-5 hrs to complete the route. We talk every storm just about, our snowfalls are very similar. He also picked up a v box, but doesnt have the guts to put it in the Ram, so he runs it in his 84 F-150, just runs about 1/2 yard at a time, he only has two small locations to treat.
    Dino

11. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I stand corrected. Glad Dave O is still pushing! :)

~Chuck

12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Thanks for all the information. Hopefully we will see them online again soon.

13. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Now we just need to get diggerman back!

~Chuck

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Chuck, just start talking about beer and riding sows and he'll be back right away. lol

15. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

Thanx!

Thanx for the good words and interest in where I have been. Dino pretty much summed it up. Been layed off since August from Bose. Almost sold my equipment in Oct/Nov for some cash flow. But then the early snows helped me out a little. I am still doing the bike stuff, it is finally starting to pick up. I did pick up an airflo 2yd V for a song. Just had to get the motor running(seized). Works great. Only fill it 1/2 in my Ford(1/2 ton), poor thing weighed 8300lbs on scale with plow/sander, and it sat level? Not bad for a 1/2 ton eh???

Like Dino stated I picked up a bunch of media1's. Push every 2", and keep clean. Has worked out pretty good $$ wise so far. It ends up being a lot of driving(200 miles on last Fri storm), but I get paid in two days. Still have some of my own small accounts, my wife sometimes covers them while I'm out(Love that woman!).

Plowing with the new Ram is spoiling me, the power/comfort is sweet. I average over 10mpg while plowing(diesel), to bad fuel as gone up so much(1.85gal)!!!

Also have been working construction for a friend remodeling a house near Plymouth. Good exercise/fun, but it has been cold workin outside putting on the 2nd floor.

I will make it a point to get back on here more often. I owe a lot to many people here who have helped me out!!! Hope everybody is doing well!!!

Now where's Digger???

TTYL

Dave

16. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Good to hear from you Dave. Drop in once a week if possible.

Good Luck.

17. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Thelawnguy is still MIA.

Geoff

18. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

YO DAVEO!!:waving: :D :drinkup:

Have missed you Pal!

Greg