1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The hood and the lemon sister do a little plowing

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KingofObsolete, Mar 3, 2009.

1. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Great pics. Looks like that V plow came together nicely for you. How many miles did you put on? How much do you charge for something like that?

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Once again, KoO has some great pics and im sure a great story to go along with them.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very cool King.

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Those are awesome pics!

6. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Very cool pic's !!! So I guess you stay in the second sled when you are out for 4 days:dizzy: When you make and ice bridge what do they need to drive over it, trucks, crawler? I see the power lines in the one pic , but how far away from town were you? Sorry for the dumb questions but it's very intersting viewing ! I swear if I ever win the lotto I will buy you a heated cab !!! It looks like a cold ride:eek: Thanks for sharing !!!

,shaun

7. KingofObsolete

thansk guys, just a quick reply here.
    we traveled 51 map kms one way to met this fellow but it was more like 70kms one way because of all the zig zagging.
    the creeks had snow pushed in them and then the snow was flooded with water to make it rock hard. the more water pumped on top, the better the crossing will be.
    the caboose was just whipped up in 3 day because my other caboose was here to be used. so don't laugh at the inside, it is what we had and kept us very warm, LOL.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

P1030208.JPG

P1030209.JPG

8. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I'll admit I'm real curious what that job would fetch money wise, rude I know.

My guess is 4 days= 96 hrs for 2 men and 2 machines and 2 trailers up in the boonies.

$50 000 + gst

Wouldn't it be nice..........

9. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

wow finaly I found it, been looking for your site for over a year now

great pictures

10. KingofObsolete

thansk guys, glad you found the link to my site also i will not say how much we got for this job because it is too embrassing. it didn't even cover the expenses, next i'll just go on an adventure myself and get great pictures at my own expense.

xena and i took a south guy with his computers to check out some monitoring instruments. the snow was deep and plowed like pure sugar.

here are some pictures.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

P1030366.JPG

P1030369.JPG

P1030370.JPG

11. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

:salute:Be careful out there in the Great White North

12. Whitewheelin

Whitewheelin Junior Member

I checked out your website and right cool!! some of those trips look like they would be right fun to go on. i live in ontario and have been to manitoba many times so i know the terrain your dealing with. keep the pictrures coming.

13. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

Is that muskeg you are plowing on, or is it hard ground?

14. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

WOW. If you told most folks in the city you run a cat train they,ld probably think you ran a portable brothel! Just kidding ya.Great pics of your gear and the terrain.Looks like fun but I bet its alot of work keeping everything running in that cold.

15. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Just a question but I don't see a kitchen area what and where do you eat?

16. KingofObsolete

thansk guys, busy day in my little trying to fix the oil leaks and of course the most important seal is the wrong one. it will almost 5 days for the seal to come 1200 kms from the south. somedays i wonder why i get up in the morning, LOL

augerandblade, yes we will be carefull, it is a long way to the hospital to get drugs to take the pain away.

Whitewheelin, glad you like my website, anytime your in mantoba look me up. i might be in the winnipeg area a lot more now that i have a steady lady friend.

Kybol, the ground was rock and more rock then a couple more rocks with a little bit of muskeg swamp thrown in to get youto relax at the controls of the cats. then you hit a rock and wake up, LOL.

randym99, thansk, it is not a lot of work when you know the tricks and have done it a few years. once you know the equipment you are good to go.

Hamelfire, the kitchen, eating, sleeping, thawing the water pump and hose, keeping the oils and tools warm is all in one area.going to bed at night with a freshly opened walmart pail of 80-90 gear oil under your bunk is a nice smell to fall a sleep with. the washroom was outside in the open for #1 and #2, LOL.

i hope i have answered your questions.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

17. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

hey joey, nice pics, as usually. it looks like we frequent alot of the same sites eh :p

18. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

what a great rig........I love your pics and I bet you could tell stories for days........

19. KingofObsolete

theonlybull, sorry for the delay, i finally got your book you purchased from me in the mail. i think i'm going to have to hire a blonde lady to handle all my office stuff, LOL

dmontgomery, yes i tell some good stories, that is why i have a 4 book publishing deal and have 2 books published already. check the front page of my website to see the books.

www.kingofobsolete.ca

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

20. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

no problem joey. figured it might have been stuck in a truck in a snow bank somewhere :p

any who's likes joey's stories, definatly get his book.. i'd give it 3 thumbs up ;)