1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Homesteader

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by SnowFakers, Sep 22, 2013.

1. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I have done a bit if searching and haven't really gotten a definite answer about this plow. With winter close if like to put a plow on my ranger, and I haven't really seen anything better for a poly plow. What is the current consensus on it, especially for an extremely light duty truck like mine. I will only be doing driveways at this point. I forums one on CL for $1300 with a mount for my truck and am really considering it. Thanks

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The Homesteader wouldn't be my first choice for your truck. If I was going to put a plow on a Ranger I would personally look for a Fisher MM1 6'9" LD. I couldn't find one of I would get a Snow Dogg 6'8" MD. The Homesteader is to light for me.

3. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Homesteader is for the home owner who does his own drive, if that. Looks cheap and ineffiecient. Unless u plow religiously at every 1-2 " during a storm

4. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I had a western suburbanite on my half ton, before they came out with HT plows and it worked great. I had no trouble with any amount of snow. I did not beat the crap out of the plow, as I see many people do and it exceeded my expectations. I think if you look for my previous post, you should be able to find pictures and comments about the plow!

edit; sorry, I lied, I took all of the pics down. I will see if I can find some!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013