1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Home Depot - Southeastern Ma

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dan6399, Nov 10, 2009.

1. dan6399

dan6399 Member

I got a call today for a home depot near my house for $13000. That includes a 1" trigger, shoveling, and sanding/salting.

I told them Id take a look at it and give them a call back hoping that it may be an empty lot with plenty of room to push snow.

There must have been 50 islands and not a lot of room to put snow unless we use a loader to stack it. I called them back and said theres not way we could get near the $13000 mark they were looking for and told them I would work the numbers out tonight of what Id want. Im sure they will cry when they hear what Im asking. They said the price was pretty firm.

Has anyone done any home depots or any store and had the same problem? Is there anyone out there that will actually do it for that much? How strict are the home depots?

Thanks

2. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Is that for the season

3. dan6399

dan6399 Member

Yes......

Unreal.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They will find someone to do it for that. I wouldn't waste my time even pricing it unless you have nothing to do.

5. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Really the one we take of only has 6 islands and about 6 light poles, since it is a season price i understand it is a 1" trigger (which is only salting) but how often did they want it salted

6. dan6399

dan6399 Member

Its crazy. There is like to way to make money if you have to buy sand and salt, gas, hired help. Not even including insurance, paying yourself, repairs, profit, anything.

I havent seen the contract but Im sure they would want it salted once when they are open then after its cleared.

7. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

The HDs near me are pretty large and have quite a few islands also. I couldn't imagine doing one of them for 13k....maybe 25k. Speacially with the long hours they are open and 7 days a week. You're married to it and you need at LEAST 2 trucks in there with decent sized bladed. Plus all the carriages and cars... no thanks.

8. dcl25

dcl25 Member
    from ma

If its the one at exit 5 they are crazy. I thought Landers had all the depots in this area

9. dan6399

dan6399 Member

Its not that close to me. Its the one in Wareham. I know Landers and Nava have a lot of the big stuff in Kingston and Plymouth.

10. dcl25

dcl25 Member
    from ma

the one on rt. 28. There is no way that any of the home depots or lowes can be done around here for so cheap. Some people have no clue.

11. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Yea exit 5 is huge.

12. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

I'm pretty new here guys as you may notice with my question but please help me out. What exactly is a "Trigger"? I've heard it before but have no ideas what it is.

13. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

its when you start plowing 1' trigger 2' trigger and so on

14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

1' might be a little late to start the route;)

15. Deco

Deco Senior Member

:jester: caught that too ,huh? Although it is a very common typo. I like this one and I'v caught myself typing it in contracts .....

9"-12"
    12''-15'' ...... talk about being in a pickle at 1' :dizzy:

16. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I think many of the big players on the south shore are being squeezed as well;
    Heard a few stories already .
    Many new players due to the economy, no loyalty from the big corps; go out and sell!