1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

the guy keeps plowing in my drive

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by carl b, Jan 15, 2009.

1. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I plow this place and this guy I never have met (the side of his truck says, shear comfort lawn no phone number tho ) . keeps blocking a drive i plow . first i try contacting him. He drives away not even stopping. next I call the place his working for they say we'll take care of it . Cool its done, nope so last night I call the cops . What a wast of time . I found out his wife is a dispatcher in the city we plow in .

I will not plow it back ( its a nursing home ). Is their any help for this

I did a search. just can't find what I should do in this case .
  2. Next time you see him there block his truck in and get out and have a word with him face to face...

You could also do up a bill for your extra time cleaning his mess and give it to his client. Since they contracted him he is their responsibility. I'll bet they put a stop to it then...
  3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Send a notice to the nursing home not to pay him for it and that you have the contract. Then let him plow as much as he wants to.

***Edit*** I think I misunderstood the plowing in verses PLOWING INTO....
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

contact the nursing home and tell them if it doesnt stop someone (them) is going to have to pay for the time and expenses to remove the added snow
  5. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

you have the rights to bear arms don't ya..... shoot below the knee's he'll get the hint... lol
    Kidding.... i'd go for head ha ha ha
  6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Write up a letter stating the problem. Hand deliver it to the nursing home. make sure the letter states that they will be charged for T&M for their plowers caused problem. Next time it happens send them the bill.

Go to collect in small claims court and make sure you have pictures of the mess and if possible the other truck.
  7. carl b

from Ohio

thanx i'd like to do the knees . but, the bill is hopefuly going to work . I'll try it :D:
  8. carl b

from Ohio

I have my carry permit ..
  9. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

im having a similair situation at the moment

dont plow him in... if an old person decides to call it quiets and the medical ppl cant get to her....its not gonna be pretty

next, Call the nursing home... explain the situation... tell them that if he contunies to plow it in , you will be sending a bill to them for removal, additionally, tell them that a good contract doesnt do that, tell them you have already informed the police, (even tho it didnt help you) and finfaly wirte a cease and desis letter, and mail it too his company, Tell him that you are trying to contact him regauridng this event, and if it contunies you will be mailign him invoices..which will then turn into a collections agent and then to court... tell him you already have pics of him doing it....
  10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Ill tell you what I would do. Go to the police department and talk to the supervisor of the dispatcher or, the whoever you can find with stripes on their sleeve. If the dispatcher is not doing her job properly, her performance needs to be addressed. Don't forget, we pay taxes (their salary) and, a dispatcher is the absolute bottom of the ladder so don't take any b.s. from them.
  11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, dispatcher, road patrol, sergeant, lt, captain, whatever does not mean this problem gets swept under the rug. Go as high in the food chain as you have to.

As for the problem at hand, catch him the next time and tell him you will be moving every flake of snow on your property to his if he does it again. Not saying do it, just tell him that is what will happen.

Had to do this on a private road that I had 2 accounts on but the road was plowed by another contractor. When he got there after I had plowed he windrowed the entire road to my side and would not cleanup the entrances. If I hadn't plowed, I didn't care, but afterward pissed me off. So I caught him and told him the above and problem was solved.

But I did have a loader with a 14' blade on it, so I think he took me seriously. :D
  12. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

I second the 'below the knee shot' ....
  13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with this. Talk to the nursing home again, and tell them that the problem has not been resolved.
  14. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

I second the idea of talking to someone else at the police department, someone higher up. And explain right away that you're not trying to cause problems, just trying to do things professionally. You don't like cleaning up this other guy's mess.

good luck to you, tell us how it turns out.
  15. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Listen to what Mark said above.
  16. carl b

from Ohio

Here's what I'm doing .

I'm sending a letter to the nursing home so they have to sign for it saying they will get a bill. I only have seen him once this year . I spoke to a guy who knows him . he said the guy is trying to " put me out of biz . " his parent's bought him 2 of every thing for his company, race car, and all that .now he wont's to be " the MAN " in town . After this may be I'll bid on the home for next year be the low baller. lose money just to be " the man " xysport

Once again thax guys great advice .
  17. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I fully agree, start billing them. Take em to court if they don't pay up:D