1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The great Xmas RAINSTORM

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaveO, Dec 25, 2002.

1. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

And so goes another blockbuster forecast for SE Mass. Was hearing forecast's of 5-10"+ for my area. Now it is almost 7pm, raining hard and still 35F.

For those N&W of the rain/snow line. Have a safe/happy holiday event.

2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I'm on the coast on the North Shore of Boston. Forecast was for 6-12 Started off rain and Rained all afternoon then about 5:00pm turned to snow and now snowing like mad. Still don't see how we are going to get a foot by midnight but one never knows.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i am thinking the same thing. have about 3 inches now, but i dont see how we will get a foot by 2 am or so. time will tell.
  4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

its snowing like crazy up here i cant even see across the street.

5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Forecast was for snow developing in the afternoon and going until after midnight. Saw a few flurries starting around 7 PM. Been watching Weatherbug radar and it appears that the precipitation was moving north earlier and has now started receding. As much as that sucks it seems probable if we are now on the backside of the storms rotation. As of right now, (8:42 PM) I'm thinking this thing is a fizzle for us in NW Vermont.
  6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

No fizzle north of you, Alan. It's been coming down steady for about three hours now, around 6" now and still coming. Plowed out my drive and was going to go around the route. Can't see the road which the city hasn't plowed anyway. Just have to wait till morning, hope we don't get the 14" we're supposed to.