1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Great snowblower Deboggle?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Harvestman, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Harvestman

Harvestman Junior Member

I pondered and pontificated over what plow to buy.Thanks to all the help I recieved on plowsite I decided to buy a Boss-v plow with smartlocks.While at the dealer I also purchased a salt spreader a snowez 575 with reese hitch adapter.All great so far and then it came to me how in the world do you get a 70lb snowblower in and out of the truck with 350lbs of salt hanging off the back of the truck.:rolleyes:I Cant be the first bonehead to come accross this problem. Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Pray For snow!! Thanks Harvestman

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Eat your Wheaties.

I lift the blower over the side of the bed, but being 6-4 with a 37 inch sleeve helps a lot. ;)

3. ddm

ddm Member

Over the side as well. Watch the paint:D

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

My truck has drop down bed sides.
    Dino

5. alfman

alfman Junior Member

On my pickup I put diamond plate(alum.) bed rails on for when I lift it over the side.It saves the paint. I also dont use a tailate,so you might be able to get it out on the side of the spreader.Or check into a swing away mount for the spreader.

6. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Just for reference sake, a swing away tailgate spreader is not made to swing away unless empty. When you need to open it the spreader may or may not be empty if you are plowing, salting and snowblowing out of the same truck. Just something I wanted to point out.

7. TJPLOW

TJPLOW Junior Member
    from sc & nb

Get 38 lb Toro ccr powerlite I did!

Get Toro ccr powerlite single stage blower for walks,paths,small drives,shoots like it was twice as big,really! Take a look it will surprise you.38 lb blower light!