1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Great Chevy mystery

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by grandview, Sep 20, 2008.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What is wrong with Chevy trucks that they can get both daytime running lights to work? It's not like it was only one model year either. Or is it a extra option to have them both on at the same time?:confused:
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

LOL i can agree with that. No problems with mine though. But i see probably 1 out of 10 GMs "winking" at me. Not only on the trucks, but suburbans & tahoes too.
  3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

What are you trying to say. Their both on, only one on, burnt bulb....:dizzy:
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

because the enginers f-up and used a mometary use brake/turn bulb for a full on long running bulb position.

someone needs to make a new bulb to fit the application and be usable for long time on use and not melt the stock plug/socket.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I suppose that is something you would notice after a while when the blue hairs are on your bumper pushing you uphill on their way to bingo. :jester:

6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

my friends w/chevys have all replced theres with LEDs, low voltage and last FOREVER.
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

OUr trucks are hard on bulbs also, but it's a small price to pay, to drive the best truck made.:nod:
  8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for the idea:)
  9. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

who needs day time lights, pull them both out , problem solved
  10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

They are required in tymusic................and if not I am sure JD will be right along to correct me :p
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What an get mistaken for a Moose!:eek:
  12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

ya I do see that on alot of chevys. No problems with mine... I think
  13. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

not a problem, make sure you get the tower type bulbs though, they are brighter. its really a great upgrade because they are whiter(HID like) and almost never die:)
  14. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

X2 :nod: you got it
  15. ACS

ACS Member

I will Cheeeers to that!
  16. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Grandview to awnser you actual question they burnout because it is actually a pulsing current. It wont be long the leds will follow. Some guys go to an amber it seems to help and it looks good.
  17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Tom is right, plus I think they make you more visible to other vehicles and I would install them even if it wasn't standard. I think some states require new vehicles to have them also.
  18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Amber would look really cool IMO
  19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not in the US JD, if thats what you mean. Common misconception here as well. :nod:
  20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

OK, I just bought a GMC truck out of CT brand new and it had day time lights, so I just thought they had to have them. I think all cars and trucks on the road should have them.