1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The good and bad: Nationals

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beanz27, Mar 16, 2013.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I AM NOT ASKING YOUR OPINION ON NATIONALS AS A WHOLE, BUT SPECIFICALLY THE COMPANY YOU HAVE WORKED WITH BEFORE.

Ok so everyone has their opinions. Lets get it straight. I know for every good post we'll see 5 bad ones, but what companies are the worst, which are the best?

Example, USM, good or bad? All the others I don't remeber also.

2. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

Do you have any yourself? What is the point? Your 5-1 odds would be a favorite at the horse track on this one. I say 23-1 will win.

3. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I worked for USM previous years. I always got paid and rate wasent to bad but a pita. 45-60 days for payment and you needed an accountant to figure out how they paid you. For example if you serviced and billed a storm where at end or next day you went back and salted sidewalks and city sidewalks. Which was an additional service but on same invoice they might pay the plowing only part of that invoice and another check you would get paid for the saltings. This would screw me up so bad with my invoice program of entering payments. I had to run duplicate invoices and hand check off like you did 20 years ago. Than get on the phone with there educated idiots for accounting staff and prove to them they owe you. I woild say someone not watching there p's and q's would loose money.
    Last 2 years ive been working for Lipinski, lean on account manager get paid in 45 days not to bad except you have to get ticket signed making me feel like a 3rd grade school kis getting there homework signed. I worked 2 storms for Ferandino & Sons never again, canceled my contact in middle of a blizzard called my office phone left message. Guess whee i was during a blizzard? Cenova, first year with them on 1 acount not impressed at all havent been paid for Jan. service yet. My area is small and probably 60% of businesses in my area went to National accountants.

4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not going to name companies but I work for a few nationals, while its not only snow related, snow removal is part of it. I can say that most are good in general, with a few bad apples in the mix. You just got to be aware of what your getting into when you start dealing with nationals. If you can live with there terms then it can be a good business move to work with them, if you can't do things like wait for your $, do excessive paperwork, carry costs, then it prob won't work. :) just be sure your willing to stand your ground & don't always accept what they offer you as far as pay.

5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Haven't myself, considering it a little bit. Probably will try it, but not sure yet.

This right here is the answers I'm looking for, is specific company names, thank you.