1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The FUSO Rocks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jon Geer, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Take look.
  2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

5. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Is that 4wd. How does it plow? I was looking into a unit like that.
  6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

It is 4wd, and we haven't had any snow to test it out yet. The customer had some extra spring put in it before we did the install.

Thank's for the phone assistance JERRE.
  7. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Keep us posted on how the truck performs this winter, I'm thinking of one for next season.

8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Looks like a nice set-up, i didnt know blizzard made a mount for the fuso trucks. can we see a side pic to see how low the truck sags when the plow is lifted?
  9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

That is a mount that Blizzard and Jerre worked on together. We installed the first one off the line. Curt delivered it to us on his way through Michigans southern end. Thanks Jerre.

And thanks Curt Neimela also.
  10. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Lets see a shot of the body. Is there a landscape bed?
  11. Scaper-S2k

Scaper-S2k Junior Member

We've been running Misubishi FUSO's for years. They are great trucks. Extremely reliable. You will like that beast. I was going to get one, but worried about engine size. But my dealer said they now have a bigger engine than a few years ago. I may be back in the market for one.

A few years ago, I put a 9' plow on my Izuzu cabover and was amazed at how well it plowed. And it is not a 4x4 unit. Empty the truck weighs in at about 9500 pounds, so that helped. With only 2000 pounds in the back, it just went right through with no problems at all. Turning radius makes them great for plowing. Heck, you can see the edges of the plow by leaning forward a bit!

I had many people tell me it wouldn't work well, but I took pictures to prove that they did just fine. :) Our snows around here are normally under 8". We had one last year up around 10". It did just fine even through the heavy drifts. If we had larger amounts, I would have plowed as the storm progressed. It actually surprised me a bit.

Now keep in mind, I am not saying they are better than any other big commercial trucks (except for visibility), but it did keep up with them around here.

I am about to have a customized bracket made for my largest FUSO cabover (the FH 18k gvw model).

Does, or can Blizzard produce a mounting bracket for that truck? It's a beast and won't need any extra beefing up of the front end.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  12. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Jon, You welcome for the help. Great picts of the truck. Maybe put one on the start of the thread and the rest of them in the picts forum next time though. It does help with the slow computers some of us have.

The FH is under way. FE should be done.

The FH is very similar to the FG it will be some mounting hole changes and support arm changes and should be able to start making them. Got to crawl under another one to fit it up.

13. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

How much do you let thoes thing go for installed on the FUSO?
  14. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

TTT..........Check out the Blizzard plow on this baby !
  15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

those are nice my friend has one with a 9ft fisher and the front end doesnt move
  16. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Geer, another flash in the pan. Whined and whined when the veterans compained about and removed his pics. Veterans gone, he posts pics months ago and then disappears. I sure miss the input those guys used to bring.
  17. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

nice set up looks good Jon Geer
  18. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Thanks for all the input Boy's.