1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Fine Line Of Repairs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danno, Nov 21, 2004.

1. danno

danno Senior Member

I`ve got a 96 ram with a fisher on it. Bought it a couple of months ago. Since I don`t have a new truck now with a plow, nor did I ever, I`m wondering how a warranty will cover any repairs on the truck, (or plow) if anything breaks ? I don`t mean like, if you whack a manhole cover and warp the frame, or the plow, just moderate to minor issues that would lead the dealer to believe it happened because you have a plow on it ?
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The dealer gets paid for all warranty work. We have had alternators replaced and I even had a front caliper replaced on a salt truck. It is not coming out of their pocket, they might not be making as much but if you buy local and take the truck back there they will most likely fix it. I know that the GM dealer here can not sell you an extended warranty though. He sells new trucks with plows on them so he has to fix them.
  3. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

They should repair anything under warranty as long as it was not caused by the plow or plowing.
  4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Last new truck I bought was a GM several years ago (I keep them awhile too) and the dealer sold me plow too (not mounted but at a very good price) and sold me extended warranty to and said there would be no problems with any claims either and there has not been yet. They said by invoicing it this way that is is a "approved" dealer option that will not effect warranty for what it is worth.
  5. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I agree that it is worth it to buy the truck with the plow on it from the dealer as a "dealer option" because in our case we purchase extended warranty on our trucks and he dealer covers the plow for the same period of time. He probably doesn't have to but it keeps us coming back.
  6. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Well even if it is not mounted (if you install it yourself) as long as it is on the vehical invoice you are cool.
  7. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Yeah, I agree with you exactly. We just get the dealer to install them because the price he quotes we can't resist.