1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The final Fishstik question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Clint S, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Here is what I have done to try detemine if my fishstick is bad on my EZV. Just want to make sure that it what it is before I plunk down over $300 for a new one. The plow will lower suddenly and go to float. It will raise or angle in jerks. It will often go to float as soon as I plug it in. I am assuming the down button is bad for each thing, because the controller cannot function with 2 buttons pushed at the same time.
    1) Visually checked everything out all looks good
    2) ohmed out all wires from stick plug in to the solenoids. All tested .05 to .07
    3) Jumped ground from the stick plug in (#9 pin I think) to corresponding solenoid pins at the plug in . All solenoids are powering up and magnatizing (sp) properly.
    4) Tested the coiled wire on the stick all ohmed out good.
    5) Ran through all the troubleshooting tests in the mechanics manual like testing for power at the pins and jumping pins ect. All turned out good.

Is there anything else I can do short of borrowing a controller. I am pretty convinced it is the controller, but would appreciate the continued input on this. I am going to buy a new controller and not just the circuit board, so I can upgrade to the new style stick.
    Anyone buy from Central Parts warehouse they are $100 dollars cheaper on the controller and $30 on the new motor. Thanks again Clint
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You've done all the homework Clint. Only possibility is the controller itself...the older ones die often so it's not a rare instance by any means. Replace it. :salute:
  3. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Thanks B&B I just wanted a 2nd opinion . We never had 1 problem with our 75 ford all hydraulic Fisher. Dan plowed with it for close to 20 years and me another 10 . Heck, it still works today gave it to a neighbor. I will get another new style controller.
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

bought my prowings from cpw, great company.

just go to your dealer and have them take one of their controllers and plug it in to your system and then operate as normal, if it now works you know without a doubt what to do.
  5. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Tried at the dealer near work and they said they would have to order one. The also said they would have to charge me diagnostic time to do that. They also say because it is electrical they "don't dare plug it in "because it could ruin the new one. I said thats what fuses are for. They close at 5 and I have been there 2x at 10 of and there parts dept has been closed and both times they said "we close a 5 try back tomorrow" and kind of snickered. I just looked at my watch and left. Needless to say I will drive to the place I got to plow from for anything else. I just stinks they are 2 hours away