1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The F150

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Nov 4, 2009.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Well I sold the F350 to buy a truck that I could have some fun in. So here it is. 1997 Ford F-150 EXT Cab.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Are you going to put a plow on it?

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I dont think so. I am gonna put a 3 inch lift in it and some bigger tires use it to play around in. It depends if I can get a deal on a plow for it I will. But if I can't then probably no.

4. mercer_me

Sounds like a fun prodgect. It should be fun to play in the mud with. You should take the bed liner out and take the side steps off IMO.

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I am gonna take the steps of eventually. whenever I put the lift in it. I am gonna put the tube steps on it. I am gonna leave the bedliner. I like it in there.

6. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

very nice truck. i think you'll be happy with it with whatever you decide to do. i have one very similar to that with the 4.6 and a police interceptor computer reflash and it is one tough truck. if you do put a plow on it i would be interested to see if your happy with its performance.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

to be honest I havent even driven the truck yet haha. I had it flatbedded by a friend. The brake line popped and I didnt want to drive it with just front brakes. But I am in the process of doing that now.

8. mercer_me

Just curios why did you sell the F-350? It looked like a pritty nice truck. I realy liked the dump.

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I was hoping to get a lot more accounts but ppl in this area undercut ya so i didnt get anything. And thats the main point in buying that. So I sold it and made a $2,000 profit.

10. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

looks good
    how many miles are on her?

11. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

3" lift? I hope you don't do the body lift. A 4" lift is like 1200 bucks for these trucks. I just have a thing against body lifts. I don't think they are "real". Same clearance, just looks better for the ride around town. IMO ussmileyflag

12. mercer_me

You made out wicked good on that deal. It's to bad you couldn't get more acounts though.

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

it just barely ready to go over 100k

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

actually I was gonna do a body lift

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya well I was going to keep it anyway. but I said screw it I would rather have a truck that rides like a caddy :)

16. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

are you plowing with the old for this winter?

17. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

In my last post I ment to say the 4" is so expensive that is why the guys do the BL......I'd say get some nice tires and leave the body alone. And later if you want a lift get the suspension lift. My 01 with Yokohama Geolander ATin the stock size went about anywhere I asked it to. Let alone if you got bigger mud tires.

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

what do you mean? I am going to keep plowing the the 03 F-250

19. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

do you have any pics?

20. mercer_me

Is it a 1997 or a 1998? Your signature says it's a 1998 and your post says it's a 1997.