1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

the F-250 light duty

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by thesnowman269, Nov 15, 2009.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

cant wait for the snow!

truck 1.jpg

truck 2.jpg

2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a money maker,good luck this year:drinkup:

p.s. i never understood the reason behind 7 lug rims:confused:

3. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

7 lug??????

4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice, good luck this winter.

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Logically- if ford put on 7 lug rims they would be able to corner the market for the light duty 250 rims because NO ONE else makes them, and no other vehicles use 7 lug rims :dizzy::laughing:

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Yea but it sure didnt last long.

And good luck this winter and bring on the SNOW

7. thesnowman269

Thanks for the comments guys.
    I still dont understand the reasoning behind the 7 lugs. and try finding rims that look good for this truck and its not happening( not ghetto rims just more appealing looking ones) its a great truck tho handles the plow good

8. schuitb

schuitb Member

f250

Nice headlights.. are they new for this year?? How well do they work?

9. thesnowman269

the light that origonally came with the truck broke last season on the passenger side. so I went to my local napa ( who supplies meyers parts in my area) where they told me some one had just come in and bought a new set of lights to replace the sabers bcuz he had broke the driver side light off. So Bill ( the guy behind the counter) callled ernie ( the mexican with anger management problems that broke off the light) and i got a brand new night saber light for $50 bucks and then rebuilt the other light which was thrown in the mud and considerd usless when he went to put the new lights he just bought on and u can tell it doesnt look as good as the new 1. Alot better then the cost of $175 for the new ones however.

10. thesnowman269

On another note if you were speaking off the lights on the backrack.. they are not new this year however they are in a new location. last year i had a peice of angle iron and mounted the KC daylighters between the plow lights. It looked really cool but every time the plow tripped they shot off into diffrent directions and i had to get out and adjust them. I havent had anysnow to see how well they will work this year tho. My only compliant it that when they are on they shine in the side mirrors making them usless for seeing whats behind you but they sure light up the road infront of you

11. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

thats a little 250 lol

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Good plow truck there. The 7 lug rims have to be one of the most bizzare designs I've ever seen. Like it was said...sure didn't last long.

13. jpang115

jpang115 Junior Member

i have had the same problem i did find that american racing makes rims for that truck heres a pic of mine

arbor%20pictures%20135.jpg

14. thesnowman269

heeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy some one else has my truck. those are some very nice wheels i like them

15. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Nice rig. I will be starting the snow season with a 99 250 LD with a Myers Classic. Just stock rims for me as it is my take home ride. Good Luck

16. thesnowman269

heeyyyyy another guy with a truck like mine. keep this up and we could start a club

17. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Well this is the first season for the 99 F250 LD. With the snow I have seen in Central PA it works great. Now all I got to do is find some better mirrors. I have a utility topper with no windows. I will get some pictures on later.

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

haha nice rims same ones that were on my f350

19. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, have fun with it this winter.

20. thesnowman269

It hasnt been good to me so far this winter. I snapped something in the front end during the START of the first storm. So no 4wd. I do have to say Im pretty impressed with its ability to plow in 2wd. Although there is 900lbs of sand in the back..