1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The end of resi contracts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by big acres, Nov 15, 2009.

1. big acres

big acres Senior Member

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Kind of cool? More like kind of ********. That is the slowest moving thing I've ever seen. For however much that thing costs you could pay for years of professional service.
  3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well, it is still a prototype, but it is way to slow. Looks almost usless. I think the idea is kind of cool though.
  4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i think it would be better served as a little snow blower myself, but hey what do i know

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

6. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

If you think about it slow does not matter, You aren't running it. it is doing it by it's self in the middle of the night.

they have one issue Liability.

Park you car in the driveway one night and .....
    Kid walking home from school and.....

Of couse it is not moving that fast.

I want the RC version.

Sit in the cab of the truck and do walks. The just need to make that.....

also should go to Thesnowplow.com and get a decent shovel for the front.
  7. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

shovels are so hundred years ago.. should have bee a snow blower on the front.. now we are talking.. then it will be faster..

and btw.. what stops anyone from taking it? :)hell you cant leave a shovel on the front porch.. let alone a robot!
  8. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Wait untill that thing is by the street and the city trucks come by. You won"t find it till spring:laughing:
  9. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

10. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Thats a cool idea.

The R/C idea that someone had would be a better idea, make it gas powered and R/C.
  11. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

By the time they add the safety features on it the thing will cost more than hiring someone pre-paid for ten years.

Sensors for making sure it does not hit anyone or thing, security if someone trys to take it, sensors to know when a car enters the driveway......
  12. big acres

big acres Senior Member

True, but we were all on dial-up internet at one time and now broadband makes it look painfully slow. Just think of where things will be in a couple of years.

They already have several robotic lawnmowers like the link below. The even dock themselves at night for charging.

13. jhook

jhook Senior Member

It might work in that one inch of snow they have in the picture. What is it going to do when winter comes? Highly doubt that thing would push any more than a few inches of snow.
  14. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

It isn't suppose to... as it says it will plow every time there is an inch or two of snow and more often if its a heavy snow.
  15. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I have seen snow come down faster than that thing could keep up with. By the time it was done the first inch, there would be 3 more behind it.

Interesting idea though
  16. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Alright Camden... maybe you'll like this better? :drinkup:

17. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

******** is such a ...........................fitting word for the robot. The pedal powered pusher is even more ********.
  18. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

yeah that guy looks like hes working his a$$ off pedaling, nothing like working a boot-soaking sweat up while moving snow...i think ill stick with my shovel.

n yeah, if they work out the 1980's circuitry in the robot, itd be pretty cool...looks like its a double acting air cylinder, prolly run off a 12v compressor, so its why it takes forever, get some true hydros and valves, but i have a feeling itd vanish off my driveway in no time, as long as theves exist in the world...

now...maybe put a gps locator in it too...thatd be cool
  19. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That guy moved a he!! of a lot more snow than that robot did.

Big improvement over the 1st video you posted :D :drinkup:
  20. big acres

big acres Senior Member

If you liked the pedal one, then wait until we put a plow on this!