1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The end game of winter

Discussion in 'Weather' started by FISHERBOY, Feb 22, 2013.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Yes its sad but tru looks like after March 10, winter could be over here in the northeast:cry: But before that happens we could hav another coastal storm next weekend , please take that with a grain of saltThumbs Up
  2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Keep our prayers open but that will change
  3. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

It is all over... Putting spare plow away today.
  4. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

5. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

I wouldn't put your stuff away yet:)
  6. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Accuweather, shows weather for Suffolk county LI till 3/19/2013. No snow. All day time temps 40's 50's except one day of 39.

I could use one more event. Though I glad I did well on 2/9.
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't have any confidence is the forecast 3 days from now. You actually look that far in advance.
  8. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Well I have found NOAA 7 day, Weather.com 10 day forecasts to be pretty good.

Good enough for me to give Accuweather 30 day a try.

To me it is not important that if they forecast that is will rain/snow 18 days out but it happens 2 days early or 2 days late. Seeing the 30 day temp forecasts will let me know that is we get percipitation whether it will be rain or snow.

So as it looks now whenever they are talking percipitation it will be to warm for snow.

If they are wrong i will be making more money. Though I do not count on making any money any winter. Snow is considered found money. A bonus. I do not count on snow money to pay my bills.

9. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Snowing right now, looks like it's starting to accumulate.