1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Eagles Have Landed!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JohnnyRoyale, Nov 6, 2009.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Bought 3 trucks from Salt Lake City Utah.Importing them from the US was quite a challenge but very well worth the effort. For your viewing pleasure are 3-2003 International 7400 S/A 16F/23R, Cummins Auto, with 20,000 lb Stellar Shuttle hooklifts. Trucks have approx 70,000 miles and are in near mint condition. Salters and frames should be ready next week. Sold a couple of the older guys to make room for these. More pics to follow. :drinkup:

IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You should be able to remove those lifts and re-sell them. I've seen used ones go through auctions for a couple thousand each.

So far so good, post pics when they're done.

3. JohnnyRoyale

Don't want to sell the lifts. The idea is to make the trucks as versatile as possible.

4. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Well on your way - very nice rigs, good luck getting set up.

5. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Those will be work monsters.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Niiiiiicccccccce

Keep us posted.

7. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

V nice versatility is the way to go.

8. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

Awesome looking rigs. Congrats on the purchase. I am very intrigued by the hooklift concept and have been for some time. Do you happen to know how much just the hooks (no chassis) cost new? The versatility we would be able to achieve with a hooklift would replace close to 5 or 6 rigs in our current fleet. Congrats again. They will be great assets to add to your team.

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Lawnsite has a bunch of threads with all kinds of good info on the hooks/switch and go.

10. JohnnyRoyale

I was quoted low 30's for hooklift systems alone. Mind you they were 24,000 lb capacity, these ones are 20,000lb capacity. Trucks cost me about 45K each, with transportation, duty, exchange and service done on our end. I was at about 110k+ to build a new one here, then came across these ones-so I jumped on it.

11. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I love those trucks. I have always had good luck with them.

12. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

Thanks for the info grn mtn. Ill take a look.
    So for a 20 K lift we could assume high 20's?!?! I was thinking I could put a new 20K hook on a used/shortened Ryder or Penske 26K (under CDL) chassis. Maybe I am completely of base in my practicality of doing this, but assuming its feasible from a weight/protocol perspective, that upper 20K hook plus the used chassis would put me somewhere between 40 and 55 thousand. That being said I would have no bodies... I looked at these rigs on truckpaper's site a couple months back but didn't pursue them because they were so far away. Im glad someone did though because they are quite the deal. What bodies did they come with again? If I remember correctly there was a leaf box in one of the pics that was photoshopped or whited out or something. Thanks for all the Info and help.

13. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Nice Trucks

14. pcs

pcs Senior Member

What salters are you going with? I went with the swenson 5yd.

15. JohnnyRoyale

Putting 7 yard Downeasters on them. Should be on next week. I'll post pics when done.

16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Drool everywhere! Beautiful trucks!

17. JohnnyRoyale

Thanks for your nice words.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Swee trucks, I love the hook lift idea. I'd like to get one in the next few years it would be handy as heck. Allison equipment makes nice hook and lift salters but they are kind of pricey.

19. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Congrats Johnny, trucks look real nice. Hope you have a great season.

20. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Those trucks look great! Did they come with any containers/bodies? I see the one has a flat bed on it.

We have a switch n' go on our F-550 (not even close to these guys) but being able to drop and swap bodies has been much more handy than I initially expected.

- Dan