1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Dodge "Plower Wagon"-Snoway Lexan w/Pro-Wings, Custom Console, Custom Light Rack

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BushHogBoy, Dec 3, 2005.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

1979 Dodge W150 Power Wagon Club Cab Adventurer SE
    360 ci
    TorqFlite 727 automatic
    NP 203 full time 4x4 transfer case
    Dana 44 front, Corp 9.25" rear
    3.55 gears
    37x12.50x15 Super Swamper Radials
    3" body lift

SnoWay Predator Lexan 7.5' plow with down pressure, joystick controls, and modified Pro-Wings- "Get Wide" isn't just for steel blades anymore!!!! New Total width: 9' 2"

Custom consoles in the interior
    Custom switch plate & lots of custom wiring for all lights, switches, etc.

Kenwood Excelon FM/CD/MP3 receiver with motorized self hiding faceplate
    Audiovox Sirius satellite radio receiver
    Rockford Fosgate P3002 300W amp
    Jensen 600W amp
    MTX 12" sub in ported enclosure
    2 Rockford Fosgate Punch XLC 12" subs in truck boxes

Uniden 40 channel CB
    4 Hideaway SHOME strobes, 60W total. Two in plow corner lights, two in rear floodlights
    Custom built dual rotator amber bar
    Wig Wag plow headlights
    Front facing floodlights switch & relay
    Rear facing floodlights switch & relay (can be turned on, off, or on when in reverse)

Everything is fused and relayed running to one custom switchplate, which is backlit (controlled by dimmer knob of course), and also has another light panel on the back part of the lower cubby hole in the bottom console, facing forward also dimmer controlled.

Everything is modular as well. Pull a couple plugs and the console comes out, two plugs (one 7 pin round RV style and one 4 pin flat trailer style) and two bolts and the light bar comes off. One 6 pin round trailer style plug up front for the strobes since the SnoWay light bar comes off with the plow.
    All wiring harnesses are properly bundled with split plastic wire loom and wrapped 100% with electrical tape.

I did all the fabrication myself and did everything except the console was built in a friend's woodshop with his help. I did 100% of the design, welding, wiring, etc. of all the rest. I also built the truck subframe for the plow, although I am not finished with it quite yet it works fine just needs more bracing & beefing up.

I'm very happy with how it all turned out and I think so far as I have seen, I'm the first and only person on PlowSite or in my local area, to have wings on a Lexan or Poly plow!

Sorry for writing a book here, on with the pictures...... I have gobs of pics but I will post them all. Any questions just ask and I will be happy to answer or post more pics. I am looking for a tailgate spreader right now and have traded for a Toro single stage snowblower that hasn't arrived yet... Trying to trade for a 16 ton military winch also that I would probably mount in the bed somewhere to retract the tank in case i get stuck :cool:

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Modified Pro-Wing brackets. Also had to notch the lower inner part of the wings to overlap the SnoWay's cutting edge.
    [​IMG]

4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

5. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

6. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  7. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

absolutly awesome, great fabrication and excellent looking rig, i have no doubt it will work out great and rake in the dough, very impressive, congrats

8. wls

wls Senior Member

nice unit:)

9. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Thanks alot for the nice words and compliments! :) I worked hard several days on this project.. The console me and my friend worked probably 12-13 hours on, the wiring/lights/switches stuff took me three or four days working on that late morning/early afternoon, then going to his shop and working on the console, then working more on the electrical stuff when I got home at night. The plow mount didn't take two long, the wiring up was quick and easy also. The wings took a couple/few hours. It would've only taken an hour if I already knew the measurements and how the fit should be, but I had them new in box but no instructions (would'n't have worked for this plow anyway since its shorter, sharper curve, and lexan) so the first one took a while...

So after all that hard work its really nice to get a compliment LOL... I know I'll really enjoy using this truck and I hope Mother Nature is kind enough to allow me plenty of opportunity to use it. We don't get a HUGE amount of snow here in south central Indiana usually so hopefully this year is a good one :)

I worked a deal with my friend on that winch. Its an 8 ton military winch, and i'm getting an electric start 14 or 16hp Kohler single cylinder engine with it. I've got an electric PTO clutch that should fit it, and a 5 speed transmission that we'll put on it, it will be one bad beast! We'll mount it in the bed offset to one side so a snowblower/salt/whatnot can be passed by on the other side... :nod:

I am also thinking about building either a side wing plow or a rear pull plow for it as I have most of the major parts for that too! :dizzy:

10. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

:redbounce looking good

11. Scott R

Scott R Member

That's a rare Dodge

Man, not many of those rare Dodge "speaker cab's" left out there:D
    Looken good, ready for work, Looks like you need some hard water to fall so you can get that thing broke in.
    :salute: :salute: :salute:

12. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Thanks JET.

Scott, Haha.. yeah thats about all its good for. Well you could put some tools and stuff back there. Personally I like it cuz it just plain looks sweet to me..

Yeah by hard water I hope you don't mean sleet/freezing rain that we got last night :angry: I want white stuff! payup

Love your Power Wagon... its just awesome :nod:

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

14. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

very nice i love all the extras. dodges forever

15. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

SnoFarmer,
    This is my second 70's Power Wagon (I think you saw my 76 M880 I had a Meyer 7.5' on it) That truck I sold the drivetrain out of it, still have the frame and body. I traded the plow off tonight to a friend for an 8 ton military winch :D , 16hp Kohler Command electric start, and some cash. He's just going to put it on one of his old Chevy's and use on his driveway, the bonus is that if I get in a bind he can help me out since i don't have a backup truck.

The winch is going in the bed of this baby anchored solid to the frame. Still haven't figured out exactly how we're going to power it... I have a 5 spd tranny and a few different engines, he has a transfer case PTO setup we might rig up, blah blah lotsa ideas...
    Now I'm also scheming to build a back blade or side wing for it, probably a back blade.

on edit: thanks DBL... Got a Cummins too but its a 2wd :( would absolutely love to one day put a Cummins in this truck, with 1 ton axles, and a good strong built tranny :)

16. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Man that truck is just sweet.... drools

Love the customs... I like to see other do their own work.

All_Clear

17. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Thanks a lot AllClear!

New current plan on the winch: Tuesday we're going to build a mount for it, and I think we're going to have it setup with a smaller winch to power it, weld the spool of the smaller winch to the jackshaft of the 8 ton winch. If that doesn't work we'll get nastier with it LOL..

And I think i've decided on building a back blade, don't have much use for a wing plow other than just it would be sweet to say I have it LOL. Using a 6' 8" SnoWay Lexan moldboard. It'll have down pressure also of course, provided by an electric actuator and screw jack setup. :)
    I think that would save a lot of time as this thing is one long tank to turn around..

18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Great shots, I like your idea about overlapping the wings cutting edge, I used my plow for the first time this year yesterday with the wings on and was not impressed, with the rubber edge not overlapping it just bent back leaving ground un-touched or barely scrapped. I'm not sure if this is right or not ??

19. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Eyesell,
    Well I had no instructions to work off of so I just went by what looked good. Due to my plow not being as tall as most steel blades, my wings had to sit closer to the ground in order to maintain a halfway decent approach angle with the pavement. So, there is less rubber between the wing and the ground than I see on the steel blades w/wings. This will definately help it scrape better if that is a problem, as less flex is possible now. I'm slightly concerned that if I hit a water cap or something, that it might tweak the bottom of the wing since theres less rubber to flex over it. We'll find out!

Happy plowing and sorry to hear about your rear end accident. Hopefully its a cheap fix (somehow I doubt it though :( )

Lemme know if you need help with them wings. Hey at least you're getting to use your truck! No white stuff here yet :(

20. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

So how'd ya make out last night? Those wings everything you expected with the 8" we got, they hold up good? Lets see some action pictures and that rear plow for sure when you get a chance!

All_Clear