1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

the curb that wasent there before

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ajslands, Dec 31, 2009.

?

what have you hit?

1. a curb that wasent there before

51.0%
  2. a tree

26.5%
  3. a fire hydrant

6.0%
  4. a cop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. a cop car

1.3%
  6. a regular car

17.9%
  7. another plow driver's truck

4.6%
  8. a garage door

24.5%
  9. the towns lowballer

4.6%
  10. man hole

56.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

i was told by a buddy of mine trying to sell me his 9' plow, that the dent in the plow was from something he hit, and he told me you hit alot of things when your plowing, so i just wanted to hear some of the stories of what you guys have hit.

2. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

I always hit the same tree branch at the shop when I am trying to stack snow. Once the winter is far enough and the snow pile is longer it isnt a problem, but right now at the shop, we stack snow under a tree and whenever I pick the arms on the bobcat up the bucket will hit the limb. Maybe next summer I will cut the whole friggen tree down!

3. ajslands

is it a large tree

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

You forgot to add Storm drain on street that one what cause broke western light housing off mount 4 days ago.

Asphalt driveway with cement are one thing I hate. It stop you fast and plow trip but won't across it.

5. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Good Thread....but I didnt see "backed into by town truck" long story short, long unplowed [4"] unsalted hill & town truck & me

6. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

two years in a row i watched the city plow trucks clean out a side street next to a lot i do and stack snow on a hydrant and break it spewing water.
    first year i was laughing second year i called my workers and told them to slow down i got scared thinking this is the workers you get but I always only rip off some pine branches at a bank i do and every year they grow out and every winter I rip them off with plow. Has given me some good scatches down truck and folded my mirror once. I could trim but i am lazy

7. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

tree backing up C%^nted my brand new Aluminum flatbed. fml

8. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's hit a tree.....I crunched my pass side dually fender pretty good. It's salvageable though. I was backing up thinking to myself, "now there's that tree back....!CRUNCH!....there."

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  9. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I'm in a truck with a broken western light from a "that musta just been installed curb"

10. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I Seem To Back Into A Tree once A Year

11. 02powerstroke

I couldent keep my window unfogged i was using my mirrors it was dead center in the middle of my bed....

12. newhere

from Fenton

I am thinking about making a big 3'x3' square tube bumper that bits into the reciver hitch and both ends of the hitch. It would be as wide as the back of the truck and then wrap around the corners about 2' to protect from "trees that musta grown in the last five minutes, because boss man I swear it wasn't there before" what do you guys think? Good idea? Mount a few back up lights on it also to protect against " I can't belive they parked right there" cars?

13. 02powerstroke

EXACTLY WHAT I'M DOING hell with denting a $2000 bed again...

14. newhere

from Fenton

I agree!! Haha I'm going to start a little picture board of f-ups from dumb-f's.

15. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

When I worked and plowed for a local city years ago there was lots of things to hit. I hit man hole covers, we had a guy that hit a steel plate in the road and just ripped the plow in half. One night I was backing down a deadend street to plow it out and it was one of the biggest blizzards ever....well I never saw a little white car parked on the street and almost backed over the top of it. There was probably 3K in damage.The only reason I didn't get a ticket was the car had a ticket on it for parking in the street with a snow ban in effect.Lucky Me.

16. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

I dread the invisible white cars. I have gotten real close before. and maybe bumped oneprsport sneaking away

17. ajslands

if iam parked in the street in a white out storm, i put my strobes on, i know its illeagle in michigan on public roads, but i rather get a stupid ticket rather than have to buy a new plow.

18. newhere

from Fenton

You can't have astrobe on when your driving on public streets? I didn't know that. I always leave mine on

19. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

There was no sneaking away for me, this car was crushed. I never had a chance to see it, buried under snow, and it was snowing like a b!tch. I did feel bad though.

20. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Almost hit a cop car and would like to hit the town lowballer.:nod: