1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The coolest thing ever!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Feb 14, 2011.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

2. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Not much to it for that price!
  3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

There's a sucker born every minute.

Very pricey. For 200 bucks does it install itself?
  5. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

Hell for that price it better blow ya too
  6. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Not a bad idea. Not a chance in hell I'll pay that price. I don't think it would even need the blends in the glass. $25 worth of Lexan, some rubber, a few clips, and I couple of mounts. Any suggestions?

Go to lowes and get all the pieces you need from them.
  8. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

on my ford my engine or tranny never get too hot, and if it did i would just lower my plow about 4 or 5 inches going down the road. Thats what i used to do when i had a dodge and you could see the gauge drop almost instantly. I think its pointless if you ask me.
  9. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

10. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

My Ford Gassers don't have any temp troubles. but on my Ford 6.0L diesel I do see the temp creep up even with running a Boss straight blade 3" from the ground while I drive around. Can definitely see if temp outside gets up around 38 or more and I still have the plow on.
  11. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

my temp will go up with the blade all the way up driving at highway speeds only when its above 35. out.

solution? drop the blade 2" above the ground and save 2 bills

and i didnt even sleep in a holiday inn express last night
  12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

200 bucks...:eek: I bet there's about 30 bucks in material.
  13. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

My GMC 2500 likes the plow all the way up, but I still have to watch it on long, low speed hills.
  14. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I wonder how long it would take me to rip it off while plowing?

I had problems with my wagoneer over heating, but found out that 3rd gear was out!
    I wonder if I had bought this that it would fixed my transmission? I sure as heck could buy a parts jeep for the same money!
  15. wastedwages

wastedwages Junior Member

Do you have the snow prep package? Just asking because you get a different fan with it. I think they found out the way the plow was redirecting the air flow, the fan was actually free wheeling the opposite direction.
  16. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Completely unnecessary on any Boss V plow.
  17. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Unnecessary for Any Plow....But, If it had a Big Boss Decal on it...You would Buy It....:laughing::laughing::laughing:
  18. mreamer

mreamer Member

Now that's some funny s@*t!
  19. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

That might work......that is soon as it gets packed with snow from stacking.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

haha i can drive my 05 2500HD at highway speeds with the plow all the way up and it has no problems. i does have the snow plow prep package though