1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The CNN guy said 8 FEET!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chtucker, Dec 16, 2002.

1. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I don't believe it and NWS is not saying anything, but...

I Crapped in my pants when:

"The mountains of Colorado could see 8 feet of snow by the end of this storm."

What the heck? I hope about 1/8 of that is true.

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

WoW, Sounds like Buffalo.... Good luck... To far away for us guys to come help...
    Getting ready to head out & plow myself.
  3. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

they could always load us up on a c-130 and drop us off to dig-em out:D
  4. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Still nothing on NWS, but weatherunderground is showing variable probabilities for snow for the next 6 days of anywhere between 20-60%. No accumulations though. Not that anyone cares but my zip is 80461 if you want to look.

5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Reminds me of the East Coast "Super Storm" of '93 (maybe it was '92). I was in Vermont with some friends skiing & boarding that weekend. The weather Channel report just kept increasing & increasing & increasing all day. Started with 12"-18" predicted in the AM & by 9:00 PM the forecast was 5'-6' with drifts to 8' possible!! We video taped the TV screen with that report because we were sure nobody would believe it back home in NJ LOL. We watched the big window of our hotel room fill all the way up with snow & had a blast playing in it. We were actually able to climb to second floor rooves & jump off without getting injured because the snow was deep enough. They got all of the 6' in around 24 hours. We woke up around 9:00 AM thinking we were snowed in for days, but to our amazement the roads were down to pavement & the parking lot was cleared enough to drive on snow pack and it was bright & sunny. Our roads at home were still bad & we only got 18" from the storm. The only problem was we couldn't enjoy all the fresh powder because when the storm pulled out it brought in 40-60mph winds & they couldn't open the lifts :realmad:
  6. long0

long0 Senior Member

The Denver news is prediciting 12" - 24" tonight into tomorrow morning, and then about the same Tuesday night into Wed morning. The Weather Channel (on television, not the net) is only predicting 1" - 3". As much as we need the snow, I'm not getting my hopes up.

7. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I'm moving!!!!!!
    Anyone need a housemate.
    Perferably where its gonna snow:D
    Mark K
  8. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

Denver looks clear on this forcast
  9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Weatherbug, TWC and NWS all report flurries and no accumulation tonight. It's been coming down pretty steady for the past hour. With the proven accuracy of our weather forecasters, I'm heading to bed and get some sleep so I can get everybody plowed out for work in the morning.
  10. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

looks like I'm heading out for about 3" of fluff
    Most of mine are by the season :(
  11. long0

long0 Senior Member

I should have clairified myself.
    Denver is the only local news I can get. They were predicting this for the mountains west of Denver, meaning the Utah line to the Continental Divide.

12. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Andy thanks for stopping in last night... :D
  13. long0

long0 Senior Member

Thanks for the burger and beer Howard. It looks like we got the contract on the job I was going to check out, so you might be seeing more of me. :rolleyes:

Got 14" last night thru this morning, and it is still comming down hard. Looks like about 2 - 3 inches per hr. People around here are having a hard time with it. Saw two DOT trucks in the ditch on my way into the office this morning, and another one chaining up to try and pull them out. Could be an interesting day.

14. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I hate my Ford. My altenator fried this morning... $225