1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Cat D Series

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mid-Ohio Scaper, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Has anyone had a chance to see the new D series from Cat?
    Oh man! They've introduced an XHP line to the D series that's the most powerful track machine they've ever made........ wesport

Cat 299D compact track loader.jpg
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Rearward visibility looks horrible on that thing!

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Who needs to back up if you can just push through whatever is in front of you
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

True.....but this is a CAT, not a BOBCAT:p

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

95hp in the regular D and 106hp in the XHP. I want one, I want one:redbounce:redbounce or two
  6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

What a pretty machine. I think I know what's going on my Xmas wish list.
  7. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

8. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

From what i see on the Bobcat website, CAT sucks
  9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You're basing your opinion on something you saw on a competitor's website? :rolleyes:

I haven't run the D Series yet, but I must say I was pretty impressed with the C Series cabs. Maybe I will have to make a trip out to Edwards Demo area soon...
  10. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

the MTL is like riding on a cloud the I've used a new bobcat T770 and it's nice.The CAT still has some nice cab features. The CAT (c series)hasn't changed since 2007 they where the leader for awhile bobcat(M series) found CAT's weak points and improved on it. CAT uses less fuel then Bobcat and has a wider cab opening.

The new Bobcats are I think for the first time in awhile on the same playing field as the CAT's
  11. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Yeah.... I watched some of the videos they have on Bobcat's website, and they REALLY go out of their way to discredit and make CAT look like sh*t. :rolleyes: "Yeah, the Deere and Takeuchi are here cause we gotta make it look like a comparison, but.... Did I mention how much CAT sucks???" LOL!!!
    The guy in the videos is almost like a comedian at times!
    I guess you can tell who's really cutting into Bobcat's market share.......
    It's priceless
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  12. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

They're also comparing their 2010M series to a 2007 cat C series so let's keep that in mind... Let's see them compare to the D series...
  13. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Guy's the best most dependable skid ever made is the
    Case 440 Series Three
  14. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I'll give ya an amen to that. Thumbs Up

I love mine but am going to sell my 440S3 and get an Alpha.
  15. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

The old new holland skidders were pretty tough. 865's I think?? The ones before they came out with the ls170's. Those are junk in my opinion.
  16. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I've had great dependability, performance, and support for all of my Cat equipment. I consider myself a "Cat Guy". I also have a Bobcat A300 and a mini which have both had their share of issues (especially the mini). The new D series looks cool and the higher HP is great (fianlly up there with Takuechi). From what I have heard the undercarriage of the CTL is the weak link. The MTL (with the ASV U/C) has had issues for a long time and I was under the impression that the CTL was introduced to service the needs of those who would benefit from a burlier U/C. I have no direct experience with the CTL but what I have heard would lead me to do some serious homework before I surrendered the pretty pennys that Cat wants for the CTLs.
  17. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I would have to say the kubota has the biggest most user friendly cab I've ever sat in. Use a roll up door design not a swing out design eliminates the inability to get out if the buckets not completely down. Really liked the machine dont know how well they hold up as they havent been out a real long time.
  18. lambejr

lambejr Junior Member

We got a 299c at the beginning of last summer, love it! This mornin I showed the bossman a pic of the 299d and told him about the 106hp, next thing ik he's on the phone.. 45min later thee good old cat salesman shows up on the job. I asked if were gettin one and he just smiled and kept on walkin.. soo im hopein and prayin. Also id have to disgree on the kubota cab. I have tet to find a cab that compares to the c series imho
  19. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

my dealer called me wants bring one up to demo
  20. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Oooo, Ouch! :laughing: