1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Bronco II plowing slush, hopefully last time this year!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BREAULT69, Apr 23, 2013.

1. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

That's a pretty cool buggy you have there........ How do you like the pull plow?
    BTW I woke up to about 4" of cement like snow this morning and it's heading your way.
    Last week we got 20" which finally melted off Sunday so I couldn't mow....LOL
    I hope it melts off cause I'll need a swather if I miss this week.

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

that thing is sweet!!!

4. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

The rear plow works great. Way better than back dragging, I can put about 500 lbs of down force on it and it leaves virtually nothing behind. Next year I plan to modify the wiring on it so it will float. Also plan to add a good rear camera. With the mirror adjusted just right I can consistantly get within about 4" of a garage door, but a camera would make it much easier. On a parking lot I usually leave the front plow up until the rear begins to spill then drop the front. This effectively is cutting my plow times by about 25%-30%. One thing for sure, I would never use a rear plow that doesn't have a good trip system. Could easily tear the hitch off or worse rip the frame apart. My hitch is a modified class IV from an F-350.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Thanks for feedback on the pull plow, they're no common in my area and none of the guys I know have or have used them. As you mentioned float is a great option and it's one of the things I think is a must when doing driveways and loading docks. Having it trip isn't much of a concern, I figure a rubber edge would be enough give for how I'd use it (pulling out from docks and garage doors). A trip edge would be ideal though.
    Have you considered putting a set of wings on the front blade, they'll increase your porductivity quite a bit.

6. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

I think I will probably put wings on the front plow next year. I wanted to see how the Bronco II handled the 7.5' plow without them first. It had no problem. It does have 488:1 gears and limited slip diff front and rear with a custom built trans and driveshafts. Also has PolyAir bags in the front coil springs. The rear plow also helps offset the front plows weight.

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It is a cool rig and is probably a great driveway/clean up rig.
    My son and I are building a 86K5 Blazer for driveways/clean up, in some places you can't beat a rig with a short wheelbase.

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I plowed with a Bronco II for 4 seasons. It was the driveway machine! It had a 6' Meyer standard blade. Condo's were it's greatest use. 100 / 120 drives no problem! The big trucks loved it when I showed up!