1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Boss is HOME!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jonw440, Aug 29, 2005.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

YES!! :redbounce
    I got to bring the new toy...I mean tool home today!
    Man is this plow FAST!

I'm glad I had the Timbrens installed. With the 8'SD and Cummins the truck is already touching them with the plow up in the air. (NO the springs are'nt old, 1764 miles)
    Now for some SNOW!!
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  2. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

A couple more
  3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Awesome looking rig+plow..Where in mass did u get it?$
  4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Nice TRUCK and PLOW man :drinkup:
  5. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

nice setup a friend of mine just got a 2005 dodge 2500 with the 8ft boss. I like the mounting system,really slick. But when I got in and started hitting the plow controls is when the boss really surprised me. The thing really moves quick. Almost to touchy for me but still amazing. Much better than my fisher in my opinion will be my next plow
  6. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

That's a nice setup. I just got my Boss also. It's sooo fast compared to my Fisher. I think I'm gonna like it. Got mine at Advanced Auto in Boxborough. Where did you get yours?
  7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Thats a great lookin setup Jon

8. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

Thanks Guys for the comments!
    I too was startled at how touchy the controls are!Compared to my Meyer set up I had.
    I got the plow in Belchertown at Valley Welding.
    $4,100 with 5% tax and Timbrens.
  9. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have a new Boss on order, is that the regular light setup or the new real bright headlights? I can't wait till winter.

Good Luck Mike
  10. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

I bought the regular Halogen headlights. The H.I.D lights are 450.00-500.00 more!(plus your original set exchanged)
  11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

To much money for me for a set of lights! They must be crazy. Mine goes in next week for the install.

Regards Mike
  12. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I saw the boss plows at my dealer and I like the way the lights look. Western really needs to step up their lighting. I hated these lights on my fisher so i'm sure i'll hate them on my Western. I might swap them out for boss or meyer lights.
  13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

SWEET rig is all I can say, I have had my BOSS for 4 years now and it has been 100% problem free.

You'll be very happy with it.

Best of Luck !!
  14. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

You won't regret buying 'da Boss....
  15. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking set up you got.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Nice set up you have there. You will love the endless torque of that diesel when pushing snow. Now here is a picture to get you ready for winter and have fun with that Boss this season. I LOVE mine especially with the pro wings. They make clean up very easy compared to just the straight blade.

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 215.jpg