1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Bomb Part II Pix, You Asked For It!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by derekbroerse, Apr 12, 2005.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

For those who asked, I was out with the digicam today so I snapped a couple for ya!

These are 'before' pictures as I have not yet done any work to them!!

Note that the rear duals are in the back, they were off to fit on the trailer better for the ride home!!! :D

BombPart2a before.jpg

2. derekbroerse

There were also some goofy headlight covers on it when I got it, but they were among the first things to go!!! :rolleyes:

The truck is a 350/SM465/NP205 with 4.11 gears in the axles.

Needs tires, an axle seal, driveshaft hanger bearing... and a little TLC.

BombPart2b before.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  3. derekbroerse

Here is my newest aquisition! I picked up this 1960 International B-275 diesel loader tractor on the weekend. It's going to be my new salt loader. Next to no paint left on it, but that will change soon. New tires and battery on it already. Runs good, bit of a PITA to start.

The bucket is some goofy cable operated latch that totally sucks, so it will be hitting the scrap pile in favor of full hydraulics with downpressure... since I already have the parts from another 'scrap' loader, including a good bucket instead of this flimsy toy, it makes it a real easy decision.

Note also the 6' McKee snowblower on the back that came with it, along with tire chains.... perfect for the real deep storms!

A simple paint job would make all the difference!!

loader before.jpg

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looks good Derek. What are your plans for the Bomb II? I am assuming another Boss on it. Can't wait to see some pics of the progress.

William

5. derekbroerse

Well, so far the plan is to buy the Boss RTII sitting in my neighbour's driveway rotting, but it depends if he decides to let it go or not--he's being stubborn thinking he may use it again some day but meanwhile it has been sitting untouched for several years and they don't own a 4x4 truck, but DO have several 4x4 cab tractors with loaders.

Barring that, the next choice is my 7'6" Northman straight blade with Pro-Wings. This is intended to be an employee's truck, so maybe the straight blade might be tougher? The Pro-Wings are cheap enough....

First task will be to get it on the road, so mine can come off for the tranny overhaul and overdrive can (FINALLY!) get added.

Shouldn't be too hard, as all the brakes and suspension is new and it runs fantastic. Has 'Cherry Bomb' mufflers and huge boom tubes that just gotta go as they are more suited to a drag car than a stealthy 'night shift' snow plow!! ;)

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like some fun stuff Derek, I really do like those old GM body styles. Years back my old boss had one with a 10' dump I wish I could get my hands on that old truck. Good luck and keep us informed (and pics).
    T