1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The "Big" storm...how did you make out?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by poncho62, Jan 29, 2004.

1. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

The storm wasn't to big in my area. I don't plow full time, but I made a few extra bucks, from freinds and people that I work with. I'm happy.

How did everyone else do. Were you able to pay off those big expensive rigs with this storm?....lol

Mines all paid for...........years ago.

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Poncho: If your trying to make friends your going about it the wrong way. You know,when your broke down on the side of the road and those expensive rigs are driving right by.

3. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

You may be right. I was just saying, that I am not as serious about it as some.

Guess I'm a little jealous that I just drive a little "crapper"

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  4. Bolts Indus.

I think that was a nice apology. Just remember for some of us this is our winter bring home the bread work.

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

made some money.only got 3" but a few family menbers and friends gave me money when i don't always ask for it, so that and the pay from the customers i charge made for a good profitpayup

6. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Guy I was apparently gonna work for never called, luckily I had a few people who had called to have there driveway cleared which I ended up doing, then I drove around looking for other driveways to do. Made out ok......:realmad:

Jeff

7. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

Here in Rochester, made three runs between yesterday and today. Outskirts got hit harder. This January has been like a full season of plowing. I think there was only one day in january when it didn't snow.

We're running out of space to put the snow and need a break. Hopefully the loaders will come out this weekend to the side streets and make some room.

8. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

When all 3 storms were done I was a very happy person to see how much I was making as I stuck the invoices in the mail........

....maybe I won't quit plowing after all:D

Chris

9. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Here in Michigan we did not get hammered but it was still the best storm for me money wise of the year.I had more calls the day after the storm than the day of.

Mike

10. elite1

elite1 Senior Member

Well I have plowed 5 of 7 days this week.

I have no idea, I made a lot. a lot, might be an understatement.

I don't think that I have plowed this many times in the past 3 yrs.

11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

flykelley,

we got a decent amount, enough to plow all account at least once, but not as much as chicago :eek:

12. cja1987

i don't think poncho62 was being rude in his post, he did not have to apologize for anything, he was just joking.

Bolts indus: no offense ment at all but you seem to take things too seriously and always come back with something like "if youre trying to make friends... or "if your trying to make me mad you're going about it the wrong way" thats what you told me when i made a stament that you were going to get alot of snow out of a storm. you told me that you had been predicting this for a week and the weather guys had not said a word about it. I had no clue why that post would make you mad but i said nothing at the time.

13. Bolts Indus.

cja1987: Have you not heard the expression " if your trying to make me mad your going about it the wrong way" BEFORE now? It's a joke. It seems that you took that too serious. I shall try to be more sensitive in my posts in the future.

14. cja1987

bolts indus

sorry. i have not heard the expression before maybe i am just to young and less experienced at life than most people here. sorry it was me that took it the wrong way in that storm thread). Maybe i should not take things so literally. MY fault.

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

You guys have toooo much time on your hands to be bickering back and forth on this, spend sometime reading posts from new guys or guys that just plain old need help with something .

my .02 cents worrth :nod:

16. Landscape80

I gotta agree with Eyesell, quitcherbitchin!

17. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

All I know is I'm tired of this 2incher junk Can't pay off my new home theater system that way...lol...:realmad:

18. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

It seemed like it snowed for 5 days straight. I went out about 6 times and burned up my snowblower belt once and the controller on my plow twice. I hate my Meyer.

Tony

19. Landscape80

Tony....put a slik-stik on, I had one 2 plow trucks ago..works good. I have had keypads since, the last one wasn't bad cause it was mounted see below, but the one I have in my Ram, I have to hold, and it's big (they didn't design for comfort)

mvc-376s.jpg

20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Did you drill holes in your dash :confused: