1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The BIG question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by aceman71, Oct 28, 2006.

1. aceman71

aceman71 Junior Member
    from oregon

Ok I'm new to the snow business...have been in lawncare for several yrs and am geting my arm twisted by clients to do their snow removal
    One client has a parking lot that holds about 40 cars...perimiter sidewalks that are about 250 ft total...plus two adjacent lots that are 80x150 feet. They have offered $1000.00 per month for 6 months..snow or no snow....is that a good offer?
    They are predicting a mild winter this year

2. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Yeah, I've been offered monthly rates on parking lots here too. I've quoted this way for the first time. It's scary cause you never know, even if you have the snow events in your area.
    If you have the proper equipment and you can do it fast... should work. For 1 grand, sounds like a 150/200 dollar per time type of job. I'm guessing here, but it's a leap of faith you alone will have to decide on. I know that when it does not snow, I see it as banked money for the months where it snows heavy... good luck tymusic