1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Big Maine Halloween Blizzard

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by mercer_me, Oct 31, 2010.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Woke up this morning to find it's snowing. They say we are going to get a dusting to an inch. Figured I would post a picture of it.

[​IMG]

2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

send it south!

3. loggerman

loggerman Member

Thats proberly all that tundra could handle anyhow! ........................................Just kidding good to see the white stuff ,more will be coming fer sure

4. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Here we go again.

5. loggerman

loggerman Member

Just some good honest ribbing! my boy had a 03 tundra and was one of the toughest trucks i have seen! AQnything that will hold up to a 18 year old and being his first 4x4 must be built right!:mechanic:

6. LawnzzzANDsnow

LawnzzzANDsnow Junior Member

Dont forget to cover your wood you may need it.

7. porter1121

porter1121 Junior Member

what part of maine was that?

8. loggerman

loggerman Member

He is from mercer and its snowing in jackson,me right now!

9. porter1121

porter1121 Junior Member

so jealous! wont see snow here in northern MA for at least a few weeks

10. loggerman

loggerman Member

Don't be! Its just a teaseright now ! Sign of things to come!

11. mercer_me

That wood is for next Winter. This Winter's wood is all stacked down cellar.

I'm in Mercer, it's near Skowheagan.

12. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

well you can keep it down there, no snow up here yet in fort kent, which is kinda unusual we normal had at least one storm that accumulates on the ground by now. it is coming though, they have already had some up in the 'gash

13. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Around were I live (bangor) we have about 2". Not sticking to the driveways or pavement though.

14. mercer_me

We got less than an inch around hear. It stoped snowing about an hour and half ago and most of the snow is gone.

15. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Still snowing here.

16. Spudman

Spudman Member

I'll bet that less than 0.05% of the members of this forum know what "the 'gash" actually means, let alone where it is. Even fewer can say they've been there.

We ended up with about 2" here, but it was almost all gone by five o'clock. I was inspired by the weather and drug the plow out this afternoon and did some welding on the trip edge assembly.

17. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

well that's why i said it like that cause if they dont know what i am talking about then they never will haha. yeah its that time of year up here i got my plow out this week too

18. Ajhenderson13

Ajhenderson13 Junior Member

More than We got today, LOL!

19. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

I spent the weekend in snow starting 630 am Sat Nov 30 There was at least 2+ inches on the logging roads The batteries were dead in the camera until i reliezed I had batteries in my transit in the toolbox, I go pics in the afternoon and when I was out of the elevation but still sticking to the gravel road. And Sunday 10-31 I woke up to about 1.5-2" on the ground and Rt 16 (7mi) to rt 27 down alittle past sugerloaf was snow covered and in A few areas They were slicker than hell cause we got freezing rain before that So the roads were slick. pics in the Weather Thread under Maine.

Deer in that area is very sad. I walked 8 different Chops in like 2 totally different areas both had snow on the ground and did not cut a track of any deer or any activity in the mid to upper mountain ranges. I usally dont hunt that area till last week of nov and muzzleloading but I figured the snow would get stuff moving WRONG! Next week I am Hunting the Corrina area So maybe there is a little more action in that part of the state.

20. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

well there are not much deer up here in the county either, even my uncle down by sebec says he has not been seeing much deer, usually there are al kinds buy his house, plenty of moose up here in the north maine woods though